My Business
4.6K members online now
4.6K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

My new website isn't appearing as a www website

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Please can someone advise me.  I have had a website developed for me as a new start up business but it isn't appearing as a www. website.  When I asked the developer he said the following  "Yes it should be a www website, and I have setup www but I am still waiting for the DNS to propagate (which can take time). www.innerhealththerapy.co.uk should show up very soon.

Typing in just ‘inner health’ might not find the website anyway, as its very new. It takes time for websites to become popular and move up the rankings in a search engine."

Please advise.  How long do I need to wait for my website to become a www. website?

Thanks

Margaret

Inner Health Ltd

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Inner H
January 2016

Re: My new website isn't appearing as a www website

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Inner H

Depends on the hosting. 

But your developer is a bit of an id***.  Your site is resolving on http://innerhealththerapy.co.uk/

A normal developer redirects ( depending on choice ) the non www version to the www. version or visa versa.

I cannot detect any redirects on your site. So ask him to put in the correct redirects via htaccess.

I also cannot find any Google Analytics tracking code on your site ? You may want to get an account set up, this helps you to understand the traffic coming to your site and better understand your users.

Tim Capper, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | Facebook | Linkedin
Tim operates a bespoke Local SEO Consultancy in the UK, Online Ownership