My Business
1.8K members online now
1.8K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

My locksmith google my business page is suspended....

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

this is my page

https://plus.google.com/+IslandLockKingGreatNeck/about

My company is island lock king, I am a legit locksmith company. I am fully aware of the many locksmith scammers out there and I am not one. My page was up for almost 2 years had 6 legit reviews and just out of nowhere taken down. This is seriously ridiculous, google said they will call me within 4-5 days about it. What a joke this is, no business for a week and who knows if ever............absolute joke.

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author James D
January 2016

Re: My locksmith google my business page is suspended....

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 30
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Well, the cool thing about Apple Maps (or maybe it's called Apple Connect?) is they pull your business info from Yelp and sort of create an organic listing. Almost the same way Google did when it first launched. It's obviously limited to iPhone users, but that's not a huge deal. If you're using an iPhone, search yourself and see if you show up. My business does, which is obviously why I now favor it over Google Maps. I've gotten several calls in the last few days where the customer said they "called the closest one on the map" and seeing how I'm not currently on Google, I assume they're talking about the Apple listing. Off topic (sort of), but I really like how user friendly Yelp is for business owners. If they could only fix their ridiculous review process, they could be a real force.

View solution in original post

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Hmm very strange. Did they give you a reason why they would be calling you in 4-5 days, do they need to go away and find out some information? If not I would recommend you call Google My Business support and find out what you have possibly done to conflict with the guidelines so that you can get it sorted asap.

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi @James D

As @Ryan S mentioned, try calling business support.

I cant see any duplicates anywhere, so best give support a call

I would probably remove the yelp link in your business description. 

Tim Capper, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | Facebook | Linkedin
Tim operates a bespoke Local SEO Consultancy in the UK, Online Ownership

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Ok so, I also made a complaint online and after a day this is the email I got back

Hello,

We have reviewed your request and can’t reinstate your Google+ page at this time. Your Google+ page has been suspended for spammy behavior.

If you have any further questions, please consult the Google My Business Help Center.

My question is, why spamming locksmith puts its name out there like I do?!?!?!?! My company website is Nassaulocks.com, here is my facebook page that I actively post pictures of jobs we do https://www.facebook.com/islandlocking, I am on yelp, I am on yellowpages, I am on angies list, I am on foursquare, I am on merchant circle, I am on locksmith directory, I am on locksmithfinder, I am on twitter. What locksmith scammer does all this?!!?!?!?!?!?!? cause I just spent thousands of dollars on seo and advertising and poof, gone! Like are you kidding me!?!?!?

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

I'll escalate and try and get a better answer

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
thank you

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 7
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

I'm also in this same exact situation. My company, Affordable Lock and Key, has been in business since my father started it in 2003. About every 6 months or so, my business listing gets disabled, I then have to call/email/get stressed out over my business not being listed on the #1 search engine in the world. I too am on Angies List, Yellow Pages, Yelp, have a website, pay for Google Adwords, etc.., NOTHING resembling spammy behavior. My page became disabled about 2 weeks ago and the Google agent got it back up and running within about 24 hours. A week and a half later, it got taken down again and days later I'm still waiting on the problem to get fixed. My business info is as follows:

Affordable Lock and Key
843-457-8884
Murrell's Inlet, SC
www.theAffordableLockandKey.com

I have 18 5-star reviews, and I am absolutely the best in the business in my town. Please help..

-Nick

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

Hi @Nick A

Yep, I can't see any reasons, keep speaking to business support.

I'll try and find out

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 9
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
I just received a call from Google and they said they wouldn't be able to reinstate my page. No clue why. Terrible news and a huge blow to my business.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
My page got back up after 5 days, still never got an explanation why it happened