My Business
3.1K members online now
3.1K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

My google business listing is gone

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

My Business is WANAus Web Design in Hobart Tasmania. I'm having all sorts of trouble getting verified and now my business is gone from the listing. I don't know what to do, I find this all a bit confusing. Not to mention I have web design clients that think I'm an expert and ask me to list theirs so I have about five businesses I "own" in the system but I actually manage them. I really need someone from Google My Business to help me. I'm sure they are treating me like I'm trying to trick the system or something but the truth is I'm a bit clueless how the whole thing works. All I know is I've had to reconfirm my business about five times now by getting a postcard and it's been any time I touch the listing like trying to add a photo. The last I tried to work out was they wanted me to delete a business because My Husband has WANAus an IT business and mine is web design and they think it's the same business. It's not my clients have nothing to do with his. I don't have a budget to advertise so this is the only way I can get found. I really need help :( Somebody?

1 Expert replyverified_user

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

I saw in Google's cache of the suspended listing you specified for your biz +61 1300 132 603 as it is the same phone number as  phone number  as your husband did it too for his business "WANAus IT") ?

This MUST be considered by Google as SPAM.

There is an other reason to consider you both as spammers:

Your husband (or you) have  an other business with a different phone but based at the same location in "Sandy Bay TAS 7005"

Its this one "WANAus".

I predict you  or your Husband it soon or later will get suspended too

Supplement:

moving the thread away form the API subboard to the GMB subboard

Re: My google business listing is gone

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I don't even know how to spam, I don't understand. I changed my Husbands phone number but they are two different businesses and I can't just change one of our business names because of google. Do you know how I can approach them to explain?

Thanks
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Tanzi B
October 2016

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Nope 

As said (or tried to say)

Two (or infact three) listings with almost the same name "WANAus..." ay the same location and two of them the same phone numer MUST be considered by their algos as SPAM

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Helmut,

I have the same issue here. Our business name is Foremost Garage Doors. The google business place always functions normal until there's other company named Fore most Garage Doors Ltd in UK registered with the map too. I guess because the UK company has shown up and Google got confused and then Google just replace our business location with this UK company. Now there's no way for our customers to look for us on the map. We are the company in the U.S, why google wants to lead our customers in UK? Not only that, our customers are not able to see the reviews on our company. So I really hope you can help us with the problem and I don't want to see our business got hurting because of this.

Thanks!

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

@wei s

Please start your own thread providing there all information to understand and investigate your issue
This allows us to keep the forum organized and gives you the attention you need.
This ( https://www.en.advertisercommunity.com/t5/Google-My-Business/ct-p/GMB ) is our top level Community--from there, you can click into the board title that is most applicable for your issue. Once you're in an individual board, you can click on the red/pink + sign in the lower right corner of the screen to start a new topic.