My Business
2.7K members online now
2.7K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

My business website doesn't show up in google search

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello, I have verified my address with google and my business still doesn't show up in google search. I did wait weeks after the verification to dive deeper into the issue. It will show up on google Maps now, which is exciting. I sell mobile homes in Florida, I really need my business to show up when somebody types in "mobile homes for sale" when they are in my area.All my competitors show up and not mine. I will even type in integrity mobile home sales (which is my business name) and it still won't show up. Any help as to how to make my business show up in google search results would be great!

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: My business website doesn't show up in google search

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Lance M

It would be handy to know the business page url or at least the Business name and address, to look into this

Tim Capper, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | Facebook | Linkedin
Tim operates a bespoke Local SEO Consultancy in the UK, Online Ownership

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Tim! Thanks for the response, my website www.integritymobilehomesales.com and the business name is Integrity Mobile home sales. There is another company in Las Vegas that comes up if you just type in Integrity mobile home sales. My MHvillage.com page comes up in search if you type in my business name in google search.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi @Lance M

Searching "Mobile homes for sale florida" or "mobile homes for sale ellenton florida", does not trigger a local pack, so in this instance you need to optimise your website to rank well.

However I did find you appearing for:

mobile home sales ellenton, fl 34222 ( this did trigger a local pack ) but you are quite low down on the page.

screencapture (28).png

This all boils down to optimising your website and your google business page.

A couple of points:

Your website does not have any <titles> on pages.

Lacks content

Social profiles not connected

No structured data markup

Lack of business citations

Google business page lacks a "sellable" business description

No reviews

No Photos of these homes for sale

Homework for you:

https://www.en.advertisercommunity.com/t5/Articles/Ranking-Factors-of-a-Google-Business-Page/ba-p/50...

https://www.en.advertisercommunity.com/t5/Articles/Boost-your-Local-SEO-amp-Business-Visibility-in-S...

There is a lot that needs to be done, take you time and work through the site.

Tim Capper
Google My Business Top Contributor (UK) and SEO consultant at Online Ownership

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Tim,
I totally agree that I need to work on content etc on my webpage and will get that done. You have provided awesome feedback and I greatly appreciate it! The thing I don't understand is when I type in mobile home for sale, places that don't even have a website shows up. Since google knows my location, the very first business that shows up doesn't have a website. My business doesn't show up at all, not even on the last page! I even pay for AdWords. I'm just trying to understand. I will go to work on all the suggestions you gave me and hopefully that will work. Thanks again!

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Hi @Lance M

I cannot trigger a local pack to show for mobile home for sale. So i am assuming this is personalised search results. It does not need to show yours, as you know who you are.

I would use incognito search when looking at search results, this removes the personalisation out of search results.