My Business
5.3K members online now
5.3K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

My business result still shows "Claim this business"

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, 

We've now verified this business/club, but on Google Maps it still gives someone the ability to claim the business.  I can edit the details of the business, but it still provides people with the option to claim it.  What's happened?  Thanks

West Auckland Woodturners Guild, New Zealand

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: My business result still shows "Claim this business"

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

@Darcy W

it seems fixed now.

Can you please confirm:

Screenshot 2017-05-18 at 21.40.14.png

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Giday Helmut, 

Thanks for the update.  I'd basically given up on this forum as a way of requesting help!

Oh ffs...  I've lost track of how many help requests, emails, and phone calls I've made to google about this now.  They've finally merged the two listings, but now the address is the incorrect version of the street name - which points people to the other side of the city!  The street name is "Rangeview Rd" but Google Maps had this incorrectly as "Range View Rd".  I got told earlier this week that had been resolved...  and if you type our name in to Google Maps, it's correct.  But it's still incorrect on that page - I've just checked myself.  And whenever I try to correct the address - it comes back as the incorrect two-word street name again!!!

I think what happened is that while I was verifying the business, the street name changed (i.e. was corrected).  So it's all just gone a bit to poo...

Thanks

Darcy

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi @Darcy W

I understand the issue now and its bit odd. (to be more exact its bit "even" LOL)

Here my findings about a strange address issue for any even addresses of your road.

Searching for any plain odd addresses of the "Rangeview Road" within GMaps works like a sharm.

But this doesn't happen with any even address of the same "Rangeview Road" within GMaps.

Gmaps then fails to get the correct address pinpointed.

For "even addresses" of the range 4 to 30 of "Rangeview Road" we get at least a result for the "Rangeview Road" - but it always points to the same location and the search results is displayed without the numberof the address

And this "same location" is always pointing to the junction Rangeveiw Road / Kukupa Road 

For even addresses less the 4  of the "Rangeview Road" we get it different as for any other even address: It doesn't point to the junction Rangeveiw Road / Kukupa Road  but instead to this coordinate -36.899807, 174.633796 and it displays the address in the wrong "two word" spelling as "Range View".

I believe the only solution for your case is fixing this "even address"- issue for the "Rangeview Road"

I recommend to ask for appropriate help in the GMaps Forum regarding this "Even" address issue.

Its this Help forum:

https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!forum/maps

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Giday Helmut, thank you for looking in to this!  That's weird...  I've had a couple of call-backs from Google trying to resolve this.  They're getting closer, but in various places it still shows up as the two-word variant.  If you can understand the english through the heavy indian accent, then the support team at Google are pretty good.  It's just a bit tricky to explain the problem sometimes  :-)  Thanks for the help.