My Business
5.5K members online now
5.5K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

My business "Place label" not showing up in Google Maps

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have a business, registered in Google with 100% profile, it's verified, searchable on Google and Google Maps too, but the Place label is not showing up on Google Maps only the surrounding places and it's quite frustrating because I'm 100% sure the neighbor shops aren't more popular (page/company search on Google or Google Maps) than my shop.

I have a Google+ profile (to the business) and Google Analytics as well in my webpage.

Link and details: HERE.

Could you check what I miss or what am I doing wrong? Or what should I do to place the 'Place label' on to the map?

It's quite important to me and my business too.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

according https://support.google.com/business/answer/6056435?hl=en place labels are not mandatory for each verified listing.
It's a matter of ranking criterias

Re: My business "Place label" not showing up in Google Maps

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

What kind of ranking criterias? What's this exactly?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Like Bálint, I too would like to know what this ranking criteria is. Our business has been verified for almost a year, has 61 reviews (currently) and a 4.6 rating. We have active reviews on a weekly basis and post events to Google business page as well. Mystified as to why the place label is not clearly visible from the 100ft view as there are businesses across the street, all with under 10 reviews; a business located on the same property has 0 reviews and shows up. 

Here's the view and this is the location of our business.