My Business
1.7K members online now
1.7K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

My business page does not always show up on Maps

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello Google expert:

Google business page: https://plus.google.com/u/0/101071137800550213848

Markus Schuessler MS Painting and Wall Design,

819 Brookfield Parkway, Augusta GA 706-306-0082

This is my issue - we have had a Google business page for many years and have been one of the top 3 businesses that show up on the google map the majority of the years of having the business page. We have many great reviews, tons of pictures,

A few months ago, I changed the name of the business (took out a few words), and it took us off the map. I replaced the wording as it was before and now we are only on the map intermittently and in many cases, not at all. The biggest issue I have is that when someone googles “painter/s in Augusta” (I figure this is the wording most people would use to find a local painter in my area - Augusta, Ga) not everyone can see our business on the map listing. 3 people in the same room googled painters in Augusta and one out of 3 saw us. At home, I tried it and I saw our listing on my cell and tablet but not on the laptop or desktop. We’ve noticed that having location services on vs off on the cell phones makes a difference but it’s random when using tablets and desktops. The location of the search compared to our business location has been spread; close to our location and many miles away. So my question is - why can some see the listing and others can’t?

We are a small business that is run out of the home but we do our services in the customers’ homes so we should be visible on the map no matter where the searcher is located.

Re: My business page does not always show up on Maps

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭