My Business
5.3K members online now
5.3K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

My business listing suspended

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

My business listing was suspended and I've tried to correct it online, but am having no success. Google won't tell me exactly why it was suspended, so I have no way of knowing what I need to do to fix it. I can be reached at the phone number below.

Full business name: The Law Office of James Kannard, PLLC

Current business address: 3152 Little Road, Suite 328, Trinity, FL 34655

Current telephone number: 813-477-2482

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: My business listing suspended

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @James K

I'm willing and prepared to help you to get the suspension lifted in case you are able to show me a photo showing the office of the law firm

"The Law Office of James Kannard, PLLC" at the mentioned address "3152 Little Road, Suite 328, Trinity, FL 34655" not being the store fornt of the UPS store at hte same address.

Even if  you would be able to provide me such  a photo (I doubt you can and will do so - but then)  I also need your license or any official paperwork giving the proof you are a legit business at the mentioned address with the  mentioned name

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Helmut,

I have a P.O. Box at the UPS Store which I use as the mailing address for my Law Firm. I have a concierge style practice where I meet with clients at their home, office, or elsewhere, and when not meeting with clients, I work out of my home office. Because I am registered as a Guardian ad Litem and handle Child Abuse and Domestic Violence cases, I don't use my home address. I have attached a screenshot of the Florida Bar Website which shows I am registered with them at this address. You can search their database yourself at https://www.floridabar.org/directories/find-mbr/ if you want to verify this information. I have also attached a screenshot of my Law Firm's registration information as recorded with the Florida Department of Corporations. This information can be independently verified at http://dos.myflorida.com/sunbiz/search/

I appreciate any help you can provide.

Best Regards,

James

Florida Bar.jpgSunbiz.jpg

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hey @James K

while I understand your background and concern about publishing your address I have to confrontate yo with the background and rules of GoogleMyBusiness and your suspension.

Object and purpose of any verified GoogleMyBusiness listing is to show the location or Service Area of the business - means to map the location or service area where the business meets their customers "in person" and serve then there.

Its obvious not possible to meet or serve customers in a PO Box.

Therefore Google Guidelines don't allow owners to specify PO Boxes of  UPS locations (or any other mailing services) as their business location.

Google knows the locations of UPS stores (or similar services) and suspended businesses not having a real location..

So I'm afraid not being able to help you to get your suspension lifted under your actual conditions and settings in your dashboard.

My suggestion would be to remove entirely the the suspended listing from your dashboard and to set up a new one from scratch with your home address and a service area around your home address where  you serve your clients at their locations (maybe you do so)

You can avoid getting shown your home address by unchecking the little box "I don't serve customers at my business location"

Hope this hints help you

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Helmut,

Thank you for the suggestions. I will try those. Although, I'm curious how two other attorneys managed to have their addresses listed at this same UPS Store on

Google Businesses given the rules you stated.

James