My Business
1.7K members online now
1.7K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

My business listing suspended

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

OKC Appliance

1521 Southwest 122nd Suite B, OKC, OK 73170

(405) 692-4477

Google Maps URL is disabled becuase you suspended me

http://okcappliance.com/

2 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Well, I didn't suspend you, but it is likely this was done because the business is operated from a residential location, which Google assumes is suspicious. 

You can request reinstatement

Joel Headley, Google My Business Top Contributor
Find me on: Twitter

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Oh, and that the brand generally looks like it already has a presence, probably too much of one, online. For example, isn't this representing the same business? 

https://goo.gl/maps/ykq8m3yeB9G2

How many listings does this business have? And, how many storefronts? 

Hat tip to @TomW taking a deeper look into this. 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

This business has a couple different offices.  Each business only has one listing, as they have their businesses separated between different types of clients.  Commercial appliance repair, residential appliance repair (Which are completely different targets) 

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Marketing to different audiences doesn't make them different businesses. It makes it one business marketing different service lines. Something which is explicitly discussed in the listing guidelines

Are you trying to argue that 1521 Southwest 122nd Suite B, OKC, OK 73170 is an office? Street View doesn't normally lie. The "Suite B" is a fabrication with intent to deceive. 

Please take a look at all policies again, including the policies around reviews

I'm not sure that reviews on this network of listings can be reasonably defended. 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I love that you believe that it is OK to screw with someone's business.  This is how they have been running their business for years.  THe multiple listings are reflective of the businesses the owner has purchased over the years.  Clients that he has continued to take care of.  I can guarantee that the reviews on these listings are genuine.  This is a good business that has taken care of multiple groups of customers for years.  Now, because you changed your policy, no one can find them.   

Re: My business listing suspended

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

Hi @James F

Joel did not suspend the business listing, he is providing info as to why it was likely suspended. And this business appears to have several listings in violation of guidelines that have been in place for a long time.

TomW, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was your question answered? If so, please mark the post that answered it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

As @TomW said, I'm not trying to screw with your business, just trying to help you contextualize what's happening given the guidelines stated by Google. 

Regardless of how a business owner has made acquisitions over the years to build their clientele, Google is trying to express businesses from the perspective of the customer, not the business owners. So, even if the business is a separate corporate entity, if John is fixing my appliance at work or at home, it is still John, and writing a review to describe that experience is helpful to anyone that is a former, current or perspective customer of John's. 

I'm not sure if you have looked closely at all the reviews on the listings, but it is hard to defend that are all legitimate customers.

If you'd like to list all your business listings here, I'd be happy to show why the reviews look fishy.