My Business
3.2K members online now
3.2K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

My business listing stopped showing in google local search

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Team,

My google business page was well ranked in google local search for local cab services. but suddenly I realised that my business listing stopped showing in google local search.
my business listing page is here -
https://business.google.com/b/105801294682653575366/dashboard/l/06073974188336519590?hl=en

https://pl...

Business Name - Shirdi Sai Yatra Cabs.
We’re in a constant arms race with local business spammers who, unfortunately, use all sorts of tricks to try to game our listing.
There are other competitors who have done spammy listings, now their business listings have started showing up even their businesses don't exists. I am worried if they have done any abuse with my listing.

My business is 1000% genuine with physical location. trusted and well recognised in the shirdi city for cabs services.
there's no spam I have ever done to promote my listing. please check the history
the google reviews are absolutely genuine over my listing.

Please help me out to see what's the issue so I can get searchable in the google local listing again.
Thanks,
Tanveer

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Tanveer P
August 2016

Re: My business listing stopped showing in google local search

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Tanveer P,

Everything looks good online. 

When I search for  Shirdi Sai Yatra Cabs, I get this:

cabs2.png

And when I search for Shirdi, Maharashtra 423109, India Cabs, I get this:

cabs1.png

This shows that you have a populated knowledge panel tied to your company... and that you are in the local 3 pack for maps... all of which are really great. 

Kind Regards,

James

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Tanveer P
August 2016

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Tanveer P,

Everything looks good online. 

When I search for  Shirdi Sai Yatra Cabs, I get this:

cabs2.png

And when I search for Shirdi, Maharashtra 423109, India Cabs, I get this:

cabs1.png

This shows that you have a populated knowledge panel tied to your company... and that you are in the local 3 pack for maps... all of which are really great. 

Kind Regards,

James

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks James.
I was searching myself around the following keywords. for ex. like
cabs in shirdi
cab hire in shirdi
online taxi booking in shirdi

I was showing up well, but from last few days, I don't stand there out. may i know why this is happening?
Thanks,
Tanveer

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi @Tanveer P,

You are very welcome. 

The Google Search listings are constantly evolving and can change frequently. Further, if you are searching for your business and then when it appears clicking on it (or not clicking on it), you could be actually causing harm to your listing since the algorithm is seeing a search made, serving your business and then your response is not naturally ideal... so Google changes the what it serves up next time.

With that said, your info in search looks solid, so just work on any content postings on social sites, website, etc.. and let Google work for you. Also, clear your browser cache, cookies, etc.. and omit from searching for yourself too often.

Kind Regards,

James 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks James.
  I will work accordingly. I only have one question is that how google prevents spam listings? as of now in our area, except 2-3 agencies, most business listings set up on keyword stuffing , i.e. its not their actual business name , there are peoples who have done 3-5 business listing on the same address, location.
so how google cannot identify those spam listing which are keyword stuffed with single location just to manipulate local search? I mean is there not any strong algorithm like Penguin or panda has still been developed to stop all these spam?

Thanks,
tanveer

My Google business Listing don't show up in local search

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Team,

Myself Tanveer, running my cab business "Shirdi Sai yatra Cabs" in Shirdi, Maharashtra. After the discussion with J Clemens some days ago, I confirmed that my business listing is alive and working, but the major issue what i am facing is its not coming up at all whenever a local search triggers. previously it was coming in top 3 positions.

you can identify the clear difference here - 

http://prnt.sc/ccdwcw

please see the result with the local search terms

http://prnt.sc/ccdvbb

http://prnt.sc/ccdvfi

http://prnt.sc/ccdvlo

My Google+ Business page is as below - 

https://plus.google.com/+Shirdisaiyatra
website - http://www.shirdisaiyatra.com

My business is the leading & most trusted business in the shirdi city itself. you can check the genuine reviews around my listing. my organic results. it suddenly stop showing in local searches though the page appears when searched by business name. 

its more important to know why it's not coming in local search though I have followed all the guidelines by google. I haven't done spam (if you take a look above in the screenshot, you will find the listings with keyword stuffing to rank high & fake reviews).

I might fear any of the competitor may harmed my business. let me assure you, its the 100% genuine & physically based business in shirdi. 

I request you to investigate in this issue.

Thanks,
Tanveer
Shirdi Sai Yatra Cabs

Re: My Google business Listing don't show up in local search

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

@Tanveer P 

I merged your new thread with your older thread

And I'm sure @James_Clemens will continue to help you

Re: My Google business Listing don't show up in local search

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

Thank you, @Helmut Geissler.

@Tanveer P, I have reviewed all of your screenshots, your listings, website, etc..

If you feel there are spam listings, please use this link and file a report so Google can inspect and adjust the listings. We all want relevant and true listings, so your help will be appreciated. 

From there, your website needs to reviewed for SEO (link is provided below), as your front page could use more wording on it, above the fold. Above the fold content is what is seen without scrolling down a page. Mostly what is seen with yours is images. I see SEO issues often with websites structured like yours. They look great to us but perform badly. 

When was the content on your site last changed?

When was your Sitemap submitted to Google via Google Search Console?

When was the last time you ran Google Analytics?

When was the last time you reviewed errors with Google Search Console?

What is Mobile Friendly score? Speed score? (97/100, 25/100 and 14/100 are your actual scores!)

These are all critical for you to perform well in search listings.  

You should also be using Google Analytics and Google Search Console to better understand what is happening with your website. 

1) Visit Google Search Console.

2) Use the Google Developers Speed Test and work on fixing the issues so that your score is 89 or higher for both mobile & desktop.

3) Rerun the Google Speed Test but use this tool instead. Make sure you have a mobile score of 100.

4) Run your site through this SEO score checker.

5) Visit Google Analytics and setup your website.

Utilize the steps as they are outlined. Visit #1 and dig into your website actions with Google. Use #2 to bring your score up and get any optimized content to download & use. Complete everything and then go to #3. Complete everything and go to step #4. Now go to step #5 and dig into what is actually happening with visitors and your website.

From here, you need to have a strong and consistent social presence that is updated with content related to your products & services. And you need to utilize a local online presence by being listed on local directories (YP, BBB, etc.). And all of your online information needs to be consistent and correct. All of this will be a continual process of repeating the above steps 2-3 times per month for the life of your business.  

Please keep in mind that the algorithm is constantly changing and just because your site performed well in the past does not mean it will remain with the same performance.

Please take a thorough look at all of these things and discuss anything further. And use the link to report spam listings.

Kind Regards,

James