My Business
4.4K members online now
4.4K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

My business listing is suspended after verification

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Not sure why its happened. Entered my verification code and it became suspended !

"Google has suspended your page due to quality issues"

Thats what i get at the top of the page.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: My business listing is suspended after verification

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Andrew S

You didn't provide any information about your business in your post but I'm going to assume it's this one: https://plus.google.com/111263395121268826879

There are a few issues that would cause problems but the main one is that there is already a verified listing for the business here: https://goo.gl/maps/FjV5EeFhf3t

FYI - that verified listing is in violation of the guidelines due to the keywords added to the end of the business name. Hopefully you have ownership of that listing and can correct the name and just utilize that listing since the suspended one appears to be a duplicate of it.

TomW, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was your question answered? If so, please mark the post that answered it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Sorry and thanks, but yes that's my business. Yes iv'e verified my business twice, let me start from the beginning.

The first time, i downloaded the google app on my phone, had my verification code through the post and all went well. But i had a problem with the location of my business on google maps, it was showing my business 4.8 miles east of its location.

Tried various things myself to solve the problem but i had no joy. So thought id go to "google my business" on my laptop and thought i had to verify again.

I now realise iv'e made a mistake.

Where do i go from here ? Hope you can help..

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hello @Andy s

The first listing you created is set as a service-area business. This would be the correct choice since you're a 24 business and your address appears to be residential. Google doesn't show an exact marker location of a business when it's set as a service-area business. They don't want people showing up at the business address in person since it likely doesn't have signage and could be someone's home where they don't actually serve customers.

When you define the areas you serve, Google shows roughly the center of that defined service area as an approximation of where the business is located. I believe that's why you're seeing the location a few miles to the east of where it actually is. If you define the service area by radius instead, the approximate location will be closer to actual.

I would just delete that second listing (the suspended one) and continue to use the first one.

Was your question answered? If so, please mark the post that answered it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks for the reply, everything is clearer now. How do i delete the second listing?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

It looks like if this listing is deleted that both my listings will get deleted. Iss this correct ?

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

Hey @Andrew S / @Andy s

Follow the steps under "Remove a location from your account" here: https://support.google.com/business/answer/4669092

Select only the suspended listing of course. I think the wording might look a little scary when you go through some of the deletion steps. There may be some references to "deleting the account" but as long as you only have the one listing checked it will only remove that one, not both.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Iv'e just followed the steps above and they both seem to have vanished  ! I onoy selected the suspended one.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I cant understand why that happened. Will it be problematic starting over again ?

Top Contributor
# 10
Top Contributor

Your suspended one is gone now. It was here:  https://plus.google.com/111263395121268826879

Your verified one is still present here: https://plus.google.com/106586350755954919345

Did you use a different Google account to verify that one?