My Business
3.4K members online now
3.4K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

My business keeps redirecting me

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

For some reason whenever I try to claim or add my business as new it will either redirect me to the google my business help page or say "failed" at the top of the screen.  

I have looked for 30 minutes to find a contact phone number, does anyone know how to contact google my business?

Thank you

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Webcooo
March 2017

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 13
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you Helmut & Margaret for your replies!!! I had success logging with a different google account, it appears the account I was logging in with to update my listing was somehow corrupt. In the end my listing was grossly inaccurate and was deleted by google anyways.  If I wanted to start from the ground up the best way was to use an alternate google account.   

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

@Webcooo

tell my more details about the business you are trying to claim to no avail?

Please include the following with your question:
1. Full business name
2. Current business address
3. Current telephone number
4. GoogleMaps-  or GoogleMyBusiness URL

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello, I have the same problem!

Here is a gif: http://i.imgur.com/IxEzs7v.gifv

I can not give more info, since this is an assignment given to me from my manager and I need a permission to give all this info.

Re: My business keeps redirecting me

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

ask your manager for this permission as your three screnshots do'nt say much about the issue.

Waht happens if you try to eneter or fill the requested information into the view of GoogleMyBusiness according  

Screenshot 2017-02-16 at 15.20.59.png

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello, thank you for your response. 

So the information I can give you is:

1. Full business name - Miastoto ltd. is the company name, but I would like to fill the information about our shops and hair salons. The names of the shops are Zlatna Ribka, and the salons name are Zlatna Ribka Senses 
2. Current business address - there are few addresses than I would like to include into My business, because they are the locations of our shops and hair salons
3. Current telephone number - +359 879 88 61 99, but there is no one to answer right now, because it is too early in the morning here. Also if you need hair saloons and shops phone numbers, there are many and I would like to fill them into our account in My Business
4. GoogleMaps - https://www.google.com/maps/@42.1728365,24.755516,3a,75y,306.26h,87.75t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1soArb4kWw...

this is the location of our office.

So the problem I have, as seen in the gif is that whenever I try to click on "Get started!" to create our My Business account, it automatically redirects me to Google Help, I can't even start typing in our information. I have tried many times, I even tried with different browsers but it's the same result.

Please help as soon as possible! 

Re: My business keeps redirecting me

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

@Elena M

On my (German) end it would look like below for the hair salon:

At firts filling / entering the data:

screenshot-business.google.com 2017-02-17 13-57-45.png

Then getting shown what I'm just creating:screenshot-business.google.com 2017-02-17 13-59-01.png

Last after checking "I am authorized" 

screenshot-business.google.com 2017-02-17 14-00-08.png

Don't worry - stoped here my doing and removed the still not yet verified page from my dashboard again 

But this way it should work for you too - but you need to enter or set up each business location separately and alway starting with http://business.google.com/create

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks for the video. This exact thing is happening to me as well. 

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks @Helmut Geissler, but this appears to be a technical glitch on Google's end. Just like Elena, I cannot fill out *any* of the information you are suggesting, and cannot click "i am authorized to manage..." because the page immediately redirects the browser to the standard Google help page. Elena did not give you "three screenshots"; it was a video showing exactly what happens when we try to get started with Google My Business.  It literally doesn't let us stay on the page for  more than one second.   It is happening to others as well: https://www.en.advertisercommunity.com/t5/Basics-for-Business-Owners/Adding-Google-My-Business-Locat...

Thanks @Elena M for posting that video. That exact thing is happening to me also.

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 9
Top Contributor

@anthony m, @Elena M, @Webcooo

Neither @Helmut Geissler nor I can recreate this problem, yet clearly it's happening. 

Will escalate this, but looking for some common denominator that might give a clue as to why it's erratic.

Elena - your browser is Chrome on Windows, what others?  And the country is Greece?

Anthony - your browser?  country?
Webcoo - browser?  country? 

Marketing - browser is Chrome?  country?

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Margaret O · Google My Business Top Contributor

Find me on · · my blog

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I can attest to this same problem. When I click to add a new location, it starts at the map screen but redirects to a Google support screen within a second. There is not enough time to type anything in. Here is a video of my problem: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wfCutxLdCEM