My Business
1.5K members online now
1.5K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

My business is not showing up on Google Maps when searching by keywords, catagories

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi everyone :)

I've had my business verified by google for a while now and it appears on google maps. However, when a search is done using keywords i.e photography studio, my business doesn't appear on google maps. 

Please help. 

Thanks

my business url is: http://www.watchmefallproductions.com

1 Expert replyverified_user

My business is not showing up on Google Maps when searching by keywords, catagories

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi I am new at this can you help please when I search on google my site don't show on google or the map 

my URL http:// www.janine11.com

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

@Frozen D

your website of no much help to help you

Please include the following with your question:
1. Full business name
2. Current business address
3. Current telephone number
4. Google+ or GoogleMyBusiness URL

@Janine R

Please start your own thread providing there all information to understand and investigate your issue
This allows us to keep the forum organized and gives you the attention you need.
This ( https://www.en.advertisercommunity.com/t5/Google-My-Business/ct-p/GMB ) is our top level Community--from there, you can click into the board title that is most applicable for your issue. Once you're in an individual board, you can click on the red/pink + sign in the lower right corner of the screen to start a new topic.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Helmut, 

Here's the details. 

1. Full business name: 

Watch me fall productions
2. Current business address:

Feather Mews, London, E1 1DH
3. Current telephone number:

4. Google+ or GoogleMyBusiness URL

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

I'm not sure 

but thinking it an addressing issue.

YOu mentioned your address as "Feather Mews, London, E1 1DH"

BUt in MapMaker it shows it as "Feather Mews, WhitechapelE1, E1 1DH"

Don't tell me this would be an valid address too

YOur nearby business "Art Print Studio" comes with "London" instead.

And I also believe "Feather Mewa" isn't a valid or exacte  street address Can't you use an address as per "4 Feather Mews, Fieldgate Street" or similar?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

My business shows up on google maps correctly. The issue is

when you do a search for 'photography studio in London. All the photography studios appear in the search 'Google map' except mine. It's as if my business is being ignored by the search. This is an issue, because potential clients have no idea my business exists, unless they actually type in the business name. Which makes no sense. 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

google maps: searched by my business name: 

https://goo.gl/maps/3fKDNK3tSsp

google maps: searched by most popular keywords: photography studio London.

You will see my business does not appear. We've tried different variations and no matter what, my business does not appear via keywords. 

https://www.google.co.uk/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=photography+studio+lo...

Top Contributor
# 9
Top Contributor

I know it is on GMaps  but you seem not knowing the impact of badly specified listings on category searches.

no more or other comment or help form my end possible

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I'm not sure what you mean. 

We're a photography studio based in London. 

Most people looking for a photography studio in London, will search for Photography studio in London. Every studio in the area shows up but mine. 

If someone from google can look into this, or someone that can point us one step closer to the solution, that would be great. As this is affecting our business, as no one can find us unless they know the name of our business. 

Thanks