My Business
5.3K members online now
5.3K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

My business is not showing up on Google Maps when searched by first category listed in business info

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

When I search for the business category and city name, the google business page does not appear in the results (in the map) at all. 

This is the listing: https://plus.google.com/u/1/107552213828865624282/about

The website has a link to the page, the description mentions the category "Print Shop" and it is located in Sherman Oaks, but when I type "print shop sherman oaks" it does not come up, nor does it come up for "Commercial printer sherman oaks" which is the second category. On the other hand, it does come up for "digital printer sherman oaks". Is there a reason why it wouldn't show on the map at all for the main category? 

My business is not showing up on Google Maps when searched by first category listed in business info

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

How long has the listing been up?

It could take up too 9 months before it shows up.

If you want to have it show up in the top three results, you have to do a bunch of SEO.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

It has been up for months, not days. It is showing up for 3 of the categories, but not the first TWO categories, so I don't think it is a time issue since it is already showing up.