My Business
4.9K members online now
4.9K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

My business is not showing up on Google Maps when searched by keywords

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have a business that was verified over a month ago. We have double the reviews of similar businesses in the surrounding areas and it still will not show up using key words. It will show up when you go to our exact url but does not show up under similar businesses when you do a general search. Ive read all the articles recommended by google from other owners having this problem and still no luck. 

359° yoga

Http://www.359yoga.com

3162 biddle suite 200

wyandotte, mi 48192

734-309-7060

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Mike Blumenthal (Top Contributor)
January 2017

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Google looks far beyond the data given to them from verification for ranking. It is not at all surprising that you do not show up for a general search.

Google does use 4 broad metrics for ranking a set of results:

Trust
Proximity
Relevance
Prominence

Trust is the idea that Google can have a high degree of confidence that a business is real, been around and is likely to be around. Your domain (and your business?) both appear to be relatively new. While you can't exist longer than you actually have you can increase Google's trust by joining the Better Business Burueau. 

Another way to increase trust would be to put your name, address and phone on EVERY page of your site in a form easily readable by Google. 

A third way is to have a totally consistent naming of your business particularly on your site vs your listings at various other local sites. The discrepancy between the degree symbol and the degree word can sometimes confound Google. 

Proximity is defined as how close the listing is to the assumed position of the searcher. Some searches have a radius of only several miles around the point defined by that assumed position. And again here you can't change where you are located. But depending on where you are located vis a vis your town, the other studios and the searcher, you have an increased or decreased opportunity to show. 

Relevance is all the things that Google looks at to understand what a business is and does. It is not a binary assignation and has valence... so a business could be more relevant than another and rank higher. Relevance is accrued to a listing by things like:
- business name
- category at Google
- category elsewhere
- review content at Google
- review content elsewhere
- website content
- anchor text content
- social content
- newspaper article content
You could work on all the above to be sure that Google has a strong sense of who you are, where you are and what you do. 

I would start by being sure that your home page has solid title and meta description tags. Currently they are too minimal and should include the what and where of who you are are and what you do. 

<title>Hot Yoga Studio Wyandotte - Home</title><meta property="og:site_name" content="Hot Yoga Studio Wyandotte" />

<meta property="og:description" content="359° Yoga" />

Prominence speaks to the idea of quantity and quality of "on-line votes" for the business. This is primarily in the form of links to their website, the local quality of those links and the quality of the websites from which they came. A link from the NY Times is likely worth more than a link from the Olean Times Herald.

Given that you are new, I am sure that you have very few of these. If you could start getting one or two links to your website a month from other local businesses that would go a long way to convincing Google that they should be showing your business more. 

I would suggest that you start reading about the basics of Local SEO at sites like Moz Local. 

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Mike Blumenthal (Top Contributor)
January 2017

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Google looks far beyond the data given to them from verification for ranking. It is not at all surprising that you do not show up for a general search.

Google does use 4 broad metrics for ranking a set of results:

Trust
Proximity
Relevance
Prominence

Trust is the idea that Google can have a high degree of confidence that a business is real, been around and is likely to be around. Your domain (and your business?) both appear to be relatively new. While you can't exist longer than you actually have you can increase Google's trust by joining the Better Business Burueau. 

Another way to increase trust would be to put your name, address and phone on EVERY page of your site in a form easily readable by Google. 

A third way is to have a totally consistent naming of your business particularly on your site vs your listings at various other local sites. The discrepancy between the degree symbol and the degree word can sometimes confound Google. 

Proximity is defined as how close the listing is to the assumed position of the searcher. Some searches have a radius of only several miles around the point defined by that assumed position. And again here you can't change where you are located. But depending on where you are located vis a vis your town, the other studios and the searcher, you have an increased or decreased opportunity to show. 

Relevance is all the things that Google looks at to understand what a business is and does. It is not a binary assignation and has valence... so a business could be more relevant than another and rank higher. Relevance is accrued to a listing by things like:
- business name
- category at Google
- category elsewhere
- review content at Google
- review content elsewhere
- website content
- anchor text content
- social content
- newspaper article content
You could work on all the above to be sure that Google has a strong sense of who you are, where you are and what you do. 

I would start by being sure that your home page has solid title and meta description tags. Currently they are too minimal and should include the what and where of who you are are and what you do. 

<title>Hot Yoga Studio Wyandotte - Home</title><meta property="og:site_name" content="Hot Yoga Studio Wyandotte" />

<meta property="og:description" content="359° Yoga" />

Prominence speaks to the idea of quantity and quality of "on-line votes" for the business. This is primarily in the form of links to their website, the local quality of those links and the quality of the websites from which they came. A link from the NY Times is likely worth more than a link from the Olean Times Herald.

Given that you are new, I am sure that you have very few of these. If you could start getting one or two links to your website a month from other local businesses that would go a long way to convincing Google that they should be showing your business more. 

I would suggest that you start reading about the basics of Local SEO at sites like Moz Local. 

Re: My business is not showing up on Google Maps when searched by keywords

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
This is fantastic!! Thank you so much!!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Mike, 

I too have same problem, i have verified the google business list but its not showing up 

in google search result can please looking into the issues.

Looking forward for quick reply  

Warm Regards, 

Mark 

http://www.ezeassist.com

905 Blackmar Way, Suwanee GA 30024,
USA. 

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

read the above answer. 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

HI CAN YOU GET ME BACK ON GOOGLE MAPS WHY WAS IT EVER REMOVED ? GET CARTER MINI BUS TRAVEL. NEWCASTLE UPON TYNE NE51YN.CONTACT MOB 07946326858. PLEASE GET ME BACK ON IT WAS ON THE FIRST 3 ON PAGE FOR MINI BUS HIRE NEWCASTLE UPON TYNE THANK YOU GARY CARTER

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

At first: read this: 

Netiquette of Capitalization

secondly: Please include the following with your question:
1. Full business name
2. Current business address
3. Current telephone number
4. GoogleMaps Link or GoogleSearch link

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Sorry not an answer to your question, but look at the number of similar queries that are being put up, and the number of answers by community members that imply you have done something wrong/not done something you should have done. Are all these coincidences or has Google Search/Maps Search got a glitch somewhere???

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

@gray c - I think your business listing showing as "www.getcarterminibus.co.uk" with same search keyword at 8th position. But this listing details are inconsistence . Use your brand name instead of domain name.

Also the Business Name as domain name is not working, when you click on the website it is leading to "https://www.getcarterminibustravel.co.uk/". 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello my business is not coming up on google maps. 

My ads are running, we are verified, have reviews but not coming up on maps even if I am standing inside. Help!

BUsiness Name: Glam parlor