My Business
4.6K members online now
4.6K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

My business is not showing up on Google Maps when searched by keywords

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi

We set up our business The Oakville Clinic (Centre for Collaborative Health) on Google in September 2016 - we are still not showing up through keywords or when zooming on the map.  

1011 upper middle road east, Unit A7, L6H 4L2 

OAKVILLE, ONTARIO

905-849-9915

Centre for Collaborative Health - The Oakville Clinic 

www.cch-oakville.ca

centreforcollaborativehealth@gmail.com

Thank you! 

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hey @Yaad S

Sorry,but I am not sure I understand the question or issue.

A search for "health clinic oakville" renders your listing in the top 10 in GoogleMaps.ca

That said, I'm not sure what the name of business really is.  From from website it's pretty clear the name of the business is...

Centre for Collaborative Health

Not "Centre for Collaborative Health - The Oakville Clinic"  - that would actually be a violation of Google's Guidelines

It doesn't matter how many locations you have.  ie.  Starbucks should always be simply listed as "Starbucks" not "Starbucks - Oakville" or any version thereof.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hey @Keenan Glass

Thanks for your message.  If you search naturopathic clinic oakville or chirorpactic clinic oakville or medical clinic/centre - our business not show up.

If we look at the map - without any keywords - and zoom into Eighth Line and Upper Middle (oakville, ontario) many other businesses are visible on the map such as Magicuts, Metro, Hasty Market, The Flower Place - why does the clinic not show up?

As for the name - I have changed that  to simply  Centre for Collaborative Health

Thanks for your help.

Yaad

Re: My business is not showing up on Google Maps when searched by keywords

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

@Yaad -

As far as what appears on the Map when you zoom in, I can't really tell you exactly why one business shows but another doesn't.  It's just part of the maps algorithm, but it would probably help to make sure your clinic is listed in the major business directories with consistent details. More info on Place Labels here

I actually see the business listed in GoogleMaps.ca for all three search terms, but could be on page 2 or 3.  Unfortunately, ranking in Maps is a vast topic that's not really covered in this forum. More info on improving local ranking here

Screen Shot 2017-07-19 at 1.34.47 PM.jpg