My Business
5K members online now
5K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

My business is not showing up on Google Maps when searched by keywords

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I added and verified my business several years ago.  I see the location in 'My Business', however when I do a search say for example "Pleasanton Contractor", my business is not appearing.  I have followed the suggestions made in other similar posts to improve results with no luck.  I have complete information, photos, review, post.  I see many other contractors who are direct competitors appear and they for the most part have no reviews or incomplete pages.

My business is JLH Construction and Design

Pleasanton, CA 94566

https://www.google.com/maps/place/JLH+Construction+and+Design/@37.669796,-121.884813,15z/data=!4m5!3...

Thanks!

Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆

Some contractors have addresses, one assumes its a yard or business premises, whilst other have no address as they are Service Area businesses based at home.

Streetview shows a home at 5039 Golden Avenue.

If that is so you should be set up as a Service Area business so your address does not show in search.

If the account is not Suspended then Google may have an algorithm which can detect whether the business is not correctly listed.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have had it set up as a service area business based on 10 miles from my address for quite some time.

Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆

Mm.

You show correctly here with no address, jlh contractor in  Pleasanton, CA 94566

https://www.google.co.uk/search?sclient=psy-ab&client=firefox-b-ab&biw=1366&bih=659&tbm=lcl&btnG=Sea...

Clicking on siggest an Edit on the link you show shows as Permanently Closed. So it looks like Google are not picking up your current Service Area GmB and you have a previous GmB which was Closed. Is that right?

When I repeat your link I get a maps result without an address which looks right

https://www.google.com/maps/place/JLH+Construction+and+Design/@37.6699849,-122.0248994,17z/data=!4m1...

When I go to maps and do this search, JLH+Construction+and+Design

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/search/JLH%2BConstruction%2Band%2BDesign/@33.7903429,-114.7322521,5z/d...

You show and a similar business name. Have you moved?

Did you stop showing for a Category search after you did something with your GmB listing?

Re: My business is not showing up on Google Maps when searched by keywords

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I have not changed my business address, category and have not closed. I'm confused as the set up looks correct from my end and always has but keyword searches for Pleasanton contractor never shows me.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

This is very frustrating. I have everything set up as suggested, and I see all my competitors displayed correctly but cannot find my listing in maps or places unless I specifically search "JLH Construction, Pleasanton CA". Searching "Pleasanton CA Contractors" shows all my competitors but not me. I've verified all my categories, service area, etc and it's still not working. Please help. 

Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 7
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi,

Just to be clear have you:

Never shown up for a Category search

or

Stopped showing for a Category search sometime after the search was working for you?

The problem can be because someone has marked the search listing for you business it creates as Closed.

It might still show in your dashboard OK.

You need to go to the Closed listing I showed a link to and use the Edit or Report feature there to say to Google it is not Closed. Or that there is another issue stopping you showing for a Category search.

If it works and its Closed again report it to Google and they will sort out who is doing it.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have clicked on the links you suggested and under suggest an edit it is NOT marked as closed. As far as I can tell it is set up correctly but still doesn't appear in keyword searches. 

Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 9
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆

You did not answer my first question as to whether it has never shown for a Category search

or

Worked for a while and you noticed it stopped working ?how long ago.

The link I gave now does not show it as Closed. I was not thinking about it being a weekend. Sorry.

Rather than 'Permanently Closed'.

At the moment I have no idea as to why it is not showing.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

As far as I can tell, it has never shown up on a keyword search.