My Business
2.1K members online now
2.1K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

My business is not showing up on Google Maps when searched by keywords

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

When searching keywords such as "furniture stores whitby" my business does not appear on google searches. Please find the store information below: 

Habitat Decor

1650 Dundas St E, Whitby ON

905-240-4552

I would very much appreciate your help in resolving this matter and thank you in advance for your help. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Habitat D
May 2017

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Habitat. You are asking for help ranking your search results. This question can't really be answered specifically. But the first thing you need to do is finish your website. It's still under construction. Google search results are based on a number of factors but the overall goal is to show users (searchers) the best results that will answer their queries. Listing a webpage that is under construction does not serve Google users well. It doesn't help them in any way right? So first thing to do is to actually finish your website and have content more than just "We're open at this location."

After that it takes time. You should have accurate content and a site that is user friendly. There is so much other things to do but baby steps.

View solution in original post

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

It's a gradual process, it doesn't happen at a time. You need to daily work on your website's on- and off-page optimizations. 

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Habitat D
May 2017

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Habitat. You are asking for help ranking your search results. This question can't really be answered specifically. But the first thing you need to do is finish your website. It's still under construction. Google search results are based on a number of factors but the overall goal is to show users (searchers) the best results that will answer their queries. Listing a webpage that is under construction does not serve Google users well. It doesn't help them in any way right? So first thing to do is to actually finish your website and have content more than just "We're open at this location."

After that it takes time. You should have accurate content and a site that is user friendly. There is so much other things to do but baby steps.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks for your response! 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks very much for your response, I just thought because it was listed as a business on google it would appear on google maps when key terms were searched. Thanks for your help anyways! :) 

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Ranking always takes time, even when you have everything correct. Your business is listed on maps, but that doesn't mean you will be in any specific search results.