My Business
1.7K members online now
1.7K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

My business is not showing up on Google Maps when searched by keywords

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

My business does not come up on google when I key word search or in maps, I have read the article and my business is set up accordingly through the my business app. We have more reviews than most others in the area. We come up when you search the full business name but otherwise we do not come up at all.

Business is: Notthern Exposure Art and Framing located in Norlane Vic

Website: http://business.google.com/website/northern-exposure

Any help would be appreciated!

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Melissa H
February 2017

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

They are located much closer to the center to Geelong while Norlane is 8 km to the north. Local search is about delivering local search results. Google in a number of their recent algo updates has dramatically reduced the radius of the search IF there are enough relevant results within the smaller radius.

However all is not lost... as most searches are now mobile most searchers are NOT entering the geo modified like Norlane or Geelong along with their search for framing shops... and if they are closest to you they will find your result. So if you are in a neighborhood that likes and uses framing you should be ok. 

View solution in original post

Re: My business is not showing up on Google Maps when searched by keywords

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

When I search for picture Framing Norlane Vic you come up just fine. 

Exactly what searches are you worried about?

Screen Shot 2017-02-18 at 11.47.17 AM.png

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

I also see you showing for art store Norlane Vic and art supplies Norlane Vic

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks for looking into it Mike. My competitors all come up when you search "framing geelong" or even "picture framing geelong". 

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Melissa H
February 2017

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

They are located much closer to the center to Geelong while Norlane is 8 km to the north. Local search is about delivering local search results. Google in a number of their recent algo updates has dramatically reduced the radius of the search IF there are enough relevant results within the smaller radius.

However all is not lost... as most searches are now mobile most searchers are NOT entering the geo modified like Norlane or Geelong along with their search for framing shops... and if they are closest to you they will find your result. So if you are in a neighborhood that likes and uses framing you should be ok.