My Business
2K members online now
2K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

My business is not showing on mapvwhen searched by keywords

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have verified business listing on my Google business  and have uploaded enough images. But when I am searching it on Google by keyword some time it show up and some time it can't. And even another business who have not even uploaded any images and not given all details like business hours website details. 

They always come up on first or second no when i search though mobile

https://plus.google.com/117634034799123046377

Business name.  Sethi PG Service's

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: My business is not showing on mapvwhen searched by keywords

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Sethi, there are over 200 ranking factors that go into the local ranking algorithm. I would check out some of the material out there, including:

https://support.google.com/business/answer/7091?hl=en

https://moz.com/local-search-ranking-factors
Colan Nielsen, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
Find me on: Google+ | Twitter
VP, Local Search at Sterling Sky

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I have to business listed on same name on Google map but with different different addresses. As I have 4 branches. Is there any effect on ranking if I have to pages of same name Thanks & Regards. Sethi PG Service's M-9041360599
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Colan (Top Contributor)
January 2016

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Good Evening,

When I performed a search for your business both listings were returned (First and second).

I wanted to pass along something I noticed when viewing your local pages. For this listing, you've entered the company's Facebook page URL as the primary domain and for this listing, you've entered the company's G+ Local page URL as the primary domain. See notation about websites in Google's guidelines in screenshot below. Is there a website for the business? I came across this domain.

w.png

If there is a website you might want to consider creating location pages (a dedicated page for each location containing information like the complete address, contact information specifically for that location, opening hours, services and amenities provided at that location, a link to the Google listing etc.). Instead of adding the homepage url to the listing you would add the url of the dedicated page. When Google knows the dedicated page for each location they can return the relevant page in search.

Another suggestion, correct spelling and grammar errors in the business description (for each listing).

One last suggestion, ensure your business is consistently represented the same way across your official website (if there is one), Google listing and any other third-party sites (NAP, business name, address and phone - for each location - perform a search for local citations for more information). 

I hope the info above is helpful.

Grace