My Business
4.8K members online now
4.8K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

My business is not showing in google category search.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi

It is few months that i have added my new business to google, it is a fish and chips shop , called : Brighton Chippy which is locate at No 4 Terminus Road, Brighton BN1 3PD .
My business is verified and all the steps have been completed in google my business and it has photos and reviews as well as i have chosen the correct category for my type of business. all relevant information are given and accurate and complete as well.
i also have a website ( www.brightonchippy.co.uk and trip advisor and google plus and also added my business to yell and 192 as well)

Now the problem is my business is not showing in google category search, so if you search for "fish and chips" in google maps it will not list my business.
however if i search the name of the shop it appears on the map correctly ( which is not very useful as people search for a nearby fish and chips shop rather than my business name ).
Also when i want to suggest a place under google fish and chips search , it says this listing is already exists .
Occasionally when i zoom in into my location it will show on the search but only when zoom in and not all the time.i have attached a screenshot which shows that my shop is not listed ( and not in the second and third page either), it should next to sing lee.
Please helpScreenshot_1.jpg
1 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Google, in part, shows listings based on their prominence. It has decided that a nearby fish & chips business is more prominent and has decided to show that listing instead of yours. Verification isn't always sufficient or even necessary to appear in category searches. However, working on your site and getting reviews across multiple site might help. 

Hint: put your site's menu in HTML, so that Google can crawl that information.

Joel Headley, Google My Business Top Contributor
Find me on: Twitter