My Business
2.3K members online now
2.3K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

My business is mobile - why is my home address used?

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

High Tide Exterior Cleaning Solutions, Inc. 

<edited by a Community Manager as noted below>

904-540-2344

https://plus.google.com/+Hightidecleaning/posts

I do not want my home address showing in Google Maps, Google My Business, Google+. My home address has NOTHING to do with my pressure cleaning company that goes to people's home and businesses to pressure wash. I am extremely uncomfortable with the entire world and anyone searching for my business to have access to my home address.  

For whatever reason, Google Maps and Google My Business do not allow me to hide my address when designating a service area and when choosing "I deliver goods and services to my customers at their location".

Please advise on how to resolve this issue. Thank you.

Note: this post has been edited by a Community Manager, per Community Guidelines, in order to protect privacy.
4 Expert replyverified_user

Re: My business is mobile - why is my home address used?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Stephanie, you should be able to hide your address if you follow the instructions here - https://support.google.com/business/answer/3038163?hl=en

Make sure to select "I deliver goods and services to my customers at their location — Important information"

And then make sure you DO NOT select "I also serve customers at my business address"
Colan Nielsen, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
Find me on: Google+ | Twitter
VP, Local Search at Sterling Sky

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you. I have done both of these things - however, it still shows my address, a mapmarker right on my house and a google streetview in Maps. I also attempted to complete the form without inputting my address and, of course, I am not allowed to do that,

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
I will escalate this for you. Thanks.
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you very much! What happens next?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I have this same issue and would like to rectify. I do not want my home address being listed for my business which does have a PO Box and is not allowed for the Google+ verification.

Thank you Stephanie for asking this question and Colan for your help!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Additionally, my home address is a different city then my advertised business city (which is the PO Box) so I do not want Google+ to be reflecting one city address and conflicting with other printed or cyber material on my business.

Thank you!

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

HI @Dawn P

Can you provide your business name please? We'll need that to confirm this is the same issue, and (if necessary) escalate to Google.

Priya Chandra, Google My Business Top Contributor
-----------------------------------
Follow me on Twitter  |   Connect on G+  |   Read my Blog

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Ryan K (Community Manager)
March 2016

Top Contributor
# 9
Top Contributor

@Stephanie S

Google got back to me. They let me know that the page isn't verified at this time. From what they can see, it's pending. You will need to get verified before they can make any changes. Please confirm when you have been verified so we can move forward with hiding that address for you. 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi, I just registered my business and am waiting on the verification in the mail. I would also like to have my home address hidden as I run a mobile business. Will I have an option for this once I am verified?