My Business
4.8K members online now
4.8K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

My business has been incorrectly listed at my home address

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Despite numerous attempts to suggest edits and submit changes to Google Maps and mapmaker, my home address continues to be shown for my business. The business is listed as McCarthy Flowers, Alpharetta, which does not exist. I am in the flower business but no such business exists here at this location - it is a private residence. The telephone number for our nearest location is (706) 855-2059, which is shown on the listing. The google URL is https://www.google.com/maps/place/McCarthy+Flowers,+Alpharetta/@34.0091137,-84.2318705,15z/data=!4m2...

I can't seem to find the Google Plus page. 

Please help so I can get this listing removed from my home address, which is not affiliated with my business in any way.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: My business has been incorrectly listed at my home address

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Kevin

You can mark the business as doesn't exist - simply go to the URL you listed above, click "suggest an edit" (link in the sidebar below the phone number), click the slider on "Place is permanently closed or doesn't exist", and pick "doesn't exist". That should take care of it for you.

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Margaret O · Google My Business Top Contributor

Find me on · · my blog

Re: My business has been incorrectly listed at my home address

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you - I will try that and see if it works!