My Business
2.7K members online now
2.7K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

My business has 2 listings and I would like to merge them or depublish one.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

My business has two listings on Google Business. Same address, same phone number, same hours, and same name. I have developed one listing with pictures, and I would prefer not to have to maintain duplicate listings. Worst of all, I just got a positive Google review on the undeveloped listing, which is annoying because I would prefer that all my reviews be located in one spot.

I have previously spoken to 2 Google reps, who seem to be low-level employees in a call center. Both have told me that the undeveloped listing cannot be deleted or depublished. One told me she couldn't merge the listings, but I don't recall why. The other told me should would merge the listings if I deleted the undeveloped listing from my account, so I did,, but then called me back to tell me she could not because there are other businesses at the same address. The business is a law firm, and we share office space with two other attorneys, thus the shared address information. I have since re-validated the business and control the listing again.

I would be satisfied to simply delete or depublish the undeveloped listing, but I would greatly prefer to merge them so I can retain the positive review. Any advice on how I can get either of these outcomes? Thank you so much for any help or suggestions!

1 Expert replyverified_user

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Please provide links to both listings, IF one is unverified AND the one you want to keep has been claimed then you can request to have them merged. 

Also do you have a case ID?
Ben Fisher, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Find me on: Google+ | Twitter and Founder at Steady Demand - Social SEO 

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Ben Fisher (Top Contributor)
January 2017

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

@Blair G Please remove yourself as an owner of the listing that you wish to have merged (the one you don't want) and I can then escalate this request. 

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Done. Thank you!

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Thank you @Blair G I have escalated this to Google. 

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Hello @Blair G This has been completed and the merge should be completed withing a day or 2

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you. It was done. I really appreciate the help!

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

Awesome glad we could help @Blair G

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Ben, I have a customer that have 2 listing verified and both are showing on Google Maps can you merge them?

Re: My business has 2 listings and I would like to merge them or depublish one.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I'm having the same issue @Ben Fisher with two company pages that I manage. Would you be able to assist me as well? It won't let me verify the active account because the other account has already been verified at the same location. Do they both need to be verified for you to assist with this issue? How can we get it verified? Sorry for all the questions...just wanted to get this figured out! :)

Active Account: https://plus.google.com/b/115224326350266235300/?pageId=115224326350266235300

Verified Account That We Don't Use: https://plus.google.com/b/117488543969123550980/?pageId=117488543969123550980

Thank you so much for your time, I truly appreciated it!