My Business
6.1K members online now
6.1K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

My business don't come up in local serch like all the other businesses in my area in google maps

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Google

I have hair dresser salon in Denmark that is called HårExpo (HE Cut) but when you look for frisør/ hair dresser at google maps we dont come up why is that? We have lots of ratings, I have google business, google + and we have linked others at our web side.

I think this has some thing to do with our start on google maps where we never got the post card with the verifieing code.

And if i look for HårExpo at google we come op brown but others come op red? 

https://www.google.dk/maps/search/fris%C3%B8r/@55.6646928,12.5364175,15.5z?hl=en   

harexpo_Map.GIF

1 Expert replyverified_user

My business don't come up in local serch like all the other businesses in my area in google maps

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi  @Hilmar H

Maybe it's because of the name.
Specify the title - HårExpo
Put a Google Map on the site

Improve your local ranking on Google

Re: My business don't come up in local serch like all the other businesses in my area in google maps

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi

Is it maybe or is it ?
Should I change the name of the salon ?

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi Hilmar

You should definitely change the name on the listing to the real world business name. Keyword stuffing is not allowed and will penalise your business.

Priya Chandra, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
-----------------------------------
Follow me on Twitter  |   Connect on G+  |   Read my Blog