My Business
3.4K members online now
3.4K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

My business doesnt come up in bold like all the other businesses in my area in google maps

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I've been registered with google business for over 5 months now. When searching in maps my business does eventually show in maps after zooming in a few times, but when it is shown all the other listings are in bold, whereas my listing is the only one in a normal font. Is there a reason for this? i've checked my business account and it says nothing is wrong, no duplicates, suspensions, etc

Can someone shed some light on this...

Thanks,

Dennis,

Harmony Thai Massage

140 Bankstown City Plaza, Bankstown NSW 2200

0450 933 671

https://plus.google.com/+HarmonyThaiMassageBankstown

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Mike Blumenthal (Top Contributor)
December 2016

My business doesnt come up in bold like all the other businesses in my area in google maps

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi

It would appear that 

1- your domain and web site are relatively new

2- that your business is relatively new

3- given the above that there are not very many mentions of your websites at trusted Australian directories

4- and there are no other sites linking to your site from other local and industry related sites

Because of this, it is unlikely that Google "trusts" you or your site or has enough information to rank you. Some of this will be helped with time but there are a number of things you can do that will assist Google in understanding more about your business so that they feel comfortable listing it more prominently.

Things that you could do
1- be sure that your business is listed with Google's trusted data providers in Australia like YellowPages TrueLocal and other prominent directories like Yelp and Trip Advisor etc etc etc

2- Join the local chamber of commerce, business associations or Better Business Bureau (which ever ones link to your site and are trusted) to let Google know that you are legit

3- Get your site listed at industry sites in Australia that focus on health and spas

4- See if you might be able to links from other local sites that might share a common interest. For example maybe a gym or physical therapist with whom you have a good relationship would highlight your website on theirs (and vice versa)

5- Add more in-depth content to your site. Your website has only one page of content in a range of different areas... in each of those created more detailed content on a new page and link to it from your single home page. Google loves content

6- Start asking your customers to review you at Google AND around the web so that Google sees that your business is appreciated by they public

7-Try to get some newspaper articles about your business. Google will view articles about a business as an indication of their prominence. 

Mike

that your website only has one page of content

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Mike Blumenthal (Top Contributor)
December 2016

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi

It would appear that 

1- your domain and web site are relatively new

2- that your business is relatively new

3- given the above that there are not very many mentions of your websites at trusted Australian directories

4- and there are no other sites linking to your site from other local and industry related sites

Because of this, it is unlikely that Google "trusts" you or your site or has enough information to rank you. Some of this will be helped with time but there are a number of things you can do that will assist Google in understanding more about your business so that they feel comfortable listing it more prominently.

Things that you could do
1- be sure that your business is listed with Google's trusted data providers in Australia like YellowPages TrueLocal and other prominent directories like Yelp and Trip Advisor etc etc etc

2- Join the local chamber of commerce, business associations or Better Business Bureau (which ever ones link to your site and are trusted) to let Google know that you are legit

3- Get your site listed at industry sites in Australia that focus on health and spas

4- See if you might be able to links from other local sites that might share a common interest. For example maybe a gym or physical therapist with whom you have a good relationship would highlight your website on theirs (and vice versa)

5- Add more in-depth content to your site. Your website has only one page of content in a range of different areas... in each of those created more detailed content on a new page and link to it from your single home page. Google loves content

6- Start asking your customers to review you at Google AND around the web so that Google sees that your business is appreciated by they public

7-Try to get some newspaper articles about your business. Google will view articles about a business as an indication of their prominence. 

Mike

that your website only has one page of content

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you very much for taking the time to reply. I will try implement all your suggestions asap :)