My Business
1.6K members online now
1.6K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

My business appears mistakenly as "permanently closed". How do i fix it? i ve sent google support the issue but nothing

[ Edited ]
Community Manager
# 1
Community Manager

This popular discussion was copied from the former Help Forum. Thanks to Margaret Ornsby and HelmutG for their helpful answers! We've copied them both below:

I am the legal owner of my company, and for some time google maps shows that my business is permanently closed. I have verified my business about a year or so. The problem is that we are losing customers and i know that this was done from competition some months ago. I show a comment that the company was "closed" and was approved in the history of google map maker. I have sent out to google notification since 31 May, about the problem, i have had people and customers signing in and changing the status of the company back to operational. As i searched around, this has been done with many companies from competitors. How can i get my open status back? Since 12th of May google map makers is down. How can o protect my company from being spammed again? I live in Greece, Athens. If there are people around me that experience the same problem or wish to fix the listings please contact me. I was never notified by google or e-mail about anybody reporting that my business was "probably closed" and then "permanently closed". 

Answer: 

Margaret - 

AFAIK there is no way to lock the business hours or prevent people from reporting a business as closed.  This is one of the strengths and weaknesses of MapMaker - anyone can edit any location.  I'm hope this is one of the problems they're wrestling with while they have disabled public editing ability.

Keep monitoring it, keep changing it back to open, and be sure there is enough evidence elsewhere on the web to help support your stated biz hours and that your are open.  In time, if it's a competitor, G may "learn" not to trust edits to your business hours.

I would also recommend contacting Google Support about this.  You may get a quicker response if you are able to get a rep to reply (this team too seem to be backlogged so it may be several days before they call)  https://support.google.com/business/ - click the "contact us" link and follow the prompts.  It sends an email to the support team and you have an option for them to call you in reply.  

HelmutG - 

I today got a reply from Google  - copying it below:

Success
Your edit to Erolife has been published. You can view the updated information here .
Thank you for improving Google Maps! Your insights make it a better, more useful map for everyone.

Erolife
Leof. Eleftheriou Venizelou 57, Αθήνα, Greece
Your edit
Place is open
Your comment
the owner is complaining (https://goo.gl/CAmLOm) that his business is still open
Edited on Jun 1, 2015 · Published
Thanks for your help,
The Google Maps team
© 2015 Google Inc. 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043 

You've received this confirmation email to update you about your editing activities on Google Maps.
3 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Marissa_GMB (Community Manager)
November 2015

Re: My business appears mistakenly as "permanently closed".

[ Edited ]
Community Manager
# 2
Community Manager

Thanks for sharing!

____________________________________________________________________________________________
Marissa Nordahl, Community Manager, Google My Business
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
Follow us on GMB on Social: Facebook | Twitter

Re: My business appears mistakenly as "permanently closed". How do i fix it? i ve sent goo

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I am having the same issue someone marked me as permanently closed

Re: My business appears mistakenly as "permanently closed". How do i fix it? i ve sent goo

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Hi Casey

Can you please start your own thread with your full business details.

This allows us to keep the forum organised and gives you the attention you need.

This ( https://www.en.advertisercommunity.com/t5/Google-My-Business/ct-p/GMB ) is our top level Community--from there, you can click into the board title that is most applicable for your issue. Once you're in an individual board, you can click on the red/pink + sign in the lower right corner of the screen to start a new topic.

Thank you.

Priya Chandra, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
-----------------------------------
Follow me on Twitter  |   Connect on G+  |   Read my Blog