My Business
3.5K members online now
3.5K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

My business account is no longer showing?

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

My business account - Nicola Vanlint counseling greenwich  is no longer showing (at all?) I have been on here for over 6 months and have reviews for my business. My colleague also has an account and disappeared for a while but now he is showing and I have disappeared. His details are - Mrs Altan counseling greenwich. 

My website is - nicolavanlint.co.uk

Please help!

Many thanks,

Nicola 

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: My business account is no longer showing?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

What's your definition of not showing

When I search [Nicola Vanlint counseling greenwich], I see your business appearing in the knowledge panel. And your website is the second result (see screencap below). 

There are a number of reasons why you might not be appearing. But, I wonder if Google doesn't have a clear scope of what counseling means. When I get real specific with the query [counseling greenwich near 161 Trafalgar Rd, London SE10 9TX, UK], the first result is a psychic. 

The first result is actually a psychic, with the following categories: 

Psychic (primary)
(additional) Hypnotherapy Service, Sports Massage Therapist, Aromatherapy Supply Store, Reiki Therapist, Craniosacral Therapy, Collectibles Store

Counselor may be an overly generic category. There are a whole lot of options to choose from, but I noticed you've only selected one category. You might want to try a more specific primary category, if applicable (ex: Marriage Counselor, Psychotherapist, or Family Counselor). Additionally, you may want to make you listing match your site. Psychotherapist / CBT Counsellor: Nicola Vanlint (though that title may be pushing the envelope of allowed business titles). 

A combo of more specific categories and perhaps updating your business title may help. "Greenwich" may not be helping your business title as much as you'd prefer. 

nicola vanlint search.png 

Joel Headley, Google My Business Top Contributor
Find me on: Twitter