My Business
2.2K members online now
2.2K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

My buisiness is not showing on the Map unless I search by keyword or the name of the company. Why?

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

This is our location>  Etherio Bio Stores, Athalassis ave.128, Strovolos, Nicosia

My buisiness is not showing on the Map unless I search by keyword or the name of the company.

When I seach by street name, next door companies are on the Map... we are not! Why?

Thanks

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Stavri S
March

My buisiness is not showing on the Map unless I search by keyword or the name of the company. Why?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

The base map icons (as those are called) are shown based on an algo that assesses prominence of the entities within a map portal view.  It means that either because your business is new or because it is not prominent enough by Google's standards, that it will not show the icon for your business,

When I search for at Google search for Etherio Bio Stores, Athalassas Ave 128, Nicosia 1461, Cyprus I find very few references (citations) to your business at the many sites that Google might be looking at. 

When I look at link back tools, i see very few links to your business. 

I see that you have very few reviews either at Google or elsewhere. And another store with a similar name is more prominent in Nicosia: "Etherio Bio Stores" Nicosia 

these are all things that can be remedied with an active digital marketing campaign:

get citations

create news in the local press that Google sees

convince other similar and related shops in Nicosia and Cyprus to link to you

ask your clients for reviews.

Over time you will increase in prominence.

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Mike,

We too are experiencing similar issues with our business which is now in a new location, which we've added to google. All surrounding businesses are showing but unless you zoom into the exact location or search by company name our listing does not appear. Total Plaster Supplies is the business name and located in Shepparton, Victoria, Australia.

The URL https://www.google.ie/maps/place/Total+Plaster+Supplies/@-36.3846419,145.427834,20z/data=!4m5!3m4!1s...

We cannot find any issues in the setup of the account everything looks fine and is filled in correctly. We would appreciate any feedback you may have in assisting us with this issue. Hoping for a solution! Thanks in Advance!