My Business
5K members online now
5K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

My Verified Business Does Not Appear on the Grid

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

I've had a verified tour business for close to a year. We offer dolphin tours, tubing and the like in Marco Island. My business shows up on the map, and in google searches, but not on the search grid for relevant searches.

For example, if I type "Marco Island Dolphin Tours", the grid only displays my competitors.

I thought that I had done a complete setup of my business page, and it has shown up at times in the past, but never consistently. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Dan

Breakwater Adventures

909 Collier Ct.

Marco Island, FL 34145

305 902 4772

breakwateradventures.com

1 Expert replyverified_user

My Verified Business Does Not Appear on the Grid

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Dan,

I found another phone number listed around the web - (252) 619-6993 

http://www.superpages.com/bp/marco-island-fl/breakwater-adventures-llc-L2702136448.htm?src=example&l...

Is that an old phone number? Phone number inconsistencies could be playing a part in the problem.

There also isn't a lot of content on your website that talks about the dolphin tours part of the business. I would think about beefing that up. 

I also can't find the business address on your website. Is there a reason for that?

Colan Nielsen, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
Find me on: Google+ | Twitter
VP, Local Search at Sterling Sky

Re: My Verified Business Does Not Appear on the Grid

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks for the response. I am working on updating my Super Pages listing, which has my private number listed. Honestly, I thought that I had ample content about dolphin tours, even an entire page on the site entitled “Dolphin Tours” which outlines all the different dolphin tour options. But it’s not just for dolphin tours. My business doesn’t show up on the grid for any relevant search. If you click on the corresponding map, my business is there, but there is no listing in the grid.

I do have the location listed on the “location” page, however this is just a meeting location, as the business’ corporate location is my home. I had a terrible time getting google maps to resolve the issues surrounding that situation last year. Now that you mention it, I think that this could be the issue. Any ideas on how to resolve? Would it be of any use putting the meeting location in the footer?

Thanks Again,

Dan McIsaac
(252) 619-6993
danmcisaac@gmail.com