My Business
4.4K members online now
4.4K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

My Google+ Personal Profile Posts to Sync to my new GMB Google+ after verification

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi everyone in the community! I was wondering if I can sync my past and current posts from my personal Google+ profile to my new GMB Google+ profile. Is it possible so that I don't have to do it manually?

Thanks everyone! I await your responses! :-D

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: My Google+ Personal Profile Posts to Sync to my new GMB Google+ after verification

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
There is no way to automatically move posts from a personal profile to a local page or from a brand page to a local page. Your only choice would be to re-enter.

The question I would ask is what value do you think you are getting from posts that would make it worth your time to do that?

Re: My Google+ Personal Profile Posts to Sync to my new GMB Google+ after verification

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you Mike for your reply to my question! I appreciate it!

The posts from my blogs are somewhat relevant to my brand and they carry an significant amount of value. It would be beneficial if that was a feature with Google+ personal and business profile to be able to sync posts.

Thanks again Mike!

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Google has told me that the reason they don't is to avoid spamming.

In the many transformations and changes Google Plus has gone through, it's being ripped apart from local and its current obsession with collections, have, in my book reduced any brand or business value to about zero.

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor
Unless you are a brand at GPlus with thousands of engaged followers or you have passionate collection followers there is very little reach to any post.

Since almost no content from Plus shows in search any more there is little opportunity to expand your reach.

There are some use cases where Plus does work to for businesses but I would be sure to have well articulated and tracked KPIs so you can measure whether your efforts are paying off.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you for the update Mike. I understand and somewhat agree with you on that one.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks for the insight Mike. Yes, I've noticed that content from GPlus isn't coming up on searches... I figured they will eventually, since there are many changes going on with GPlus.

Takes little effort on my part when my posts are being synced from my blogs to GPlus. With that, I still receive a satisfactory amount of views from my posts and have received over 100K views in one profile and over 1mil views in another GPlus profile. So, the efforts are paying off just a little bit but the rest is up to me of course to transition those conversions into "pennies."

Thanks again Mike!