My Business
4.1K members online now
4.1K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

My Business will not pop up along with other business where I want it to show

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

My address for my business is a small village. It will only pop up if you put my category and village name which no one would ever seach for.  I want it to pop up when someone searches for my category in the surrounding towns nearby and counties.  How do I get that to happen?  How do I get it to be the top 3 listed for the towns nearby?

JMR Accounting & Bookkeeping

163548 Brownsville Rd.

Brownsville, ON

N0L 1C0

519-617-5119

https://plus.google.com/108850711706831386482

Thank you

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: My Business will not pop up along with other business where I want it to show

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Joanne R

Generally Google shows by location or businesses nearest to searchers location.

Having said that there are ways you can slowly improve your signals to Google, to allow more understanding.

Ranking Factors of a Google Business Page

I would start by building up your online visibility of the business with some citations:

https://www.brightlocal.com/2013/09/11/top-50-local-citation-sites/

Next >> Business listing tend to correspond with organic listing of website.

This generally means you need to have your website appearing for that town in organic search.

This could be achieved in a couple of ways:

Service area landing page on site

And creating relevant content related to that area in blog or news articles.

Lastly:

Your actual business page. I see you have not posted anything yet. I would try and post at least once or twice a month, this would also include posts about those towns you want to target >> Google reads and understands content.

I hope this gave you a bit better insight to slowly improving your visibility and positioning.

Tim Capper, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | Facebook | Linkedin
Tim operates a bespoke Local SEO Consultancy in the UK, Online Ownership