My Business
1.8K members online now
1.8K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

My Business website won't appear

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have added our website to our listing countless times and it will not ever be listed on our page, very frustrating!  The company is O'Reilly's Cure Restaurant and Bar, 264 US Route 1 Scarborough, ME 04074, 207-517-2222, not sure what the google+ url is...please help!  Our website is www.oreillyscure.com

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: My Business website won't appear

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

To edit your business information on Google: 

1. Sign in to Google My Business.
  2. Make sure you’re using card view. If you’re viewing your locations as a list instead of cards, switch to card view by clicking the cards icon  on the right side above your locations.
  3. Choose the listing you’d like to manage. 
  4. Click Info at the top of the page.
  5. Click the section that you want to change, then enter the new information in the box that appears. Click the Xnext to the section you’d like to delete to remove it.
    • It may take up to 60 days to delete information you’ve previously added. Information that is also publicly available or from other sources may not be removed.
    • Business descriptions (editorial summaries or keywords from the web that appear next to your business) are not editable. Learn more
  6. Click Apply.

Enter the website URL for your business. Make sure that:

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

We only have one location so I guess that is why I don't see any cards icon.  On #5 I don't have a section to delete, just a pencil icon to edit.  I have added this change multiple times over 2 months and it always comes back with a red strikethrough followed by a prompt to "add website" the next day.  I will search the other two links later to see if there is an issue with bots or penalities, thanks for the help!

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

@Patrick O

I now have created an article to summarize my findings about rejected websites:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/12otVIWXu3fmZVk3W7PwfySBpg6HZpHtbWNKmvW0R_Ss/edit?usp=sharing

Check all mentioned aspects as applicable (the ssl and https matter seems not applicable in your case)

@Oleg K

for me its replicable!

I also get the website https://www.oreillyscure.com rejected on GMB and MapMaker.

So it's not a matter of the dahsboard but his  webite  www.oreillyscure.com getting rejectes for all users at the moment.

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

@Patrick O

I just escalated it to Google as an replicable issue (for my own refrence: row 111)

Accepted by topic author Patrick O
December 2016

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

@Patrick O

Its reinstated with your website : https://goo.gl/maps/RjpEuFuzZVQ2

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you so much!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

We just launched our website www.glasssuppliers.ca Mar 23/17, but I'm having the same issue with the red line and not accepting the address.  Our site was developed through Postmedia and is set up to use the Google Adwords campaign. Now I'm wondering if anything related to Google is active.

Can you help?

Top Contributor
# 9
Top Contributor

@Donna L

Please start your own thread providing there all information to understand and investigate your issue
This allows us to keep the forum organized and gives you the attention you need.
This ( https://www.en.advertisercommunity.com/t5/Google-My-Business/ct-p/GMB ) is our top level Community--from there, you can click into the board title that is most applicable for your issue. Once you're in an individual board, you can click on the red/pink + sign in the lower right corner of the screen to start a new topic.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I ended up calling google to get it escalated because I never got it to accept the website. I tried all of the hoops and hurdles on the troubleshooting area but nothing worked. I am not sure what they did but it has been fine since someone at google fixed it on their end.

--Patrick