My Business
4.2K members online now
4.2K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

My Business should not have a Google my business

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi there,

I have a google business page and my business should not have one. The GPBox is an online marketplace (www.thegpbox.com) and we do not have a store anywhere. It also lists our address publicly which I do not want people seeing. How can i get this removed ASAP? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Georgina W
1 month ago

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

I went ahead and marked the listing as private (which was published) so you don't have to go through the process that Carrie mentioned. The listing may still be visible for another day or so, but should disappear from searches shortly.

View solution in original post

Re: My Business should not have a Google my business

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Georgina,

You have to "claim" the business before you can delete it.

Click on "own this business" while logged in and then go through the steps to claim it, then you can delete it.

Unfortunately, they wont let just anyone delete a listing without verifying ownership because it could open the door to businesses deleting competitors listing.

box.png 

Hope this helps!

Carrie

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Georgina W
1 month ago

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

I went ahead and marked the listing as private (which was published) so you don't have to go through the process that Carrie mentioned. The listing may still be visible for another day or so, but should disappear from searches shortly.

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

@Yan Gilbert oh wow cool! I didnt know you could do that!  Great solution!

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

Hey @Yan Gilbert - what do you mean by marked the listing as private? Screenshot maybe?

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 6
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

Its one of the choices when you suggest an edit to a listing. On tablet right now so I cant do a screenshot at the moment. But you can mark as private a listing at a residentail address with no signage. It effectively hides the listing if the edit gets published.

Re: My Business should not have a Google my business

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

@Nathan D - I figured it out.  The listing can NEVER have been claimed for it to work!  Screenshots:

suggest.png

suggest remove 2.png

suggest edit 3 remove.png

Highlighted

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

Awesome - thanks @CarrieHill