My Business
5.8K members online now
5.8K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

My Business is not appearing in Google maps after being verified and published.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I had my business published and verified more than a week ago but still my business will not display in google maps.

I go into google maps and search using the primary category and location I have listed in my business profile and my business doesn't display

The only way I can get my business to display is if I am in google maps and I am zoomed in on the specific location and then I put in my primary category and search.  

Why can I not find it when I am searching on the primary category and location I have identified in my set up?

My Business is not appearing in Google maps after being verified and published.

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi @Kristen C

There are two possible cases here:

1. If your business listing has been verified and you search for your exact business name or phone number, your listing should appear.

2. If you search for a business category or keywords related to your business - or category, location (for example 'plumber Sydney') your business listing may not appear. How Google determines which businesses appear in the second case is decided from over 200 factors, some of which may be weighted towards location.

This video from Google covers some of the possible reasons in more detail: I can’t find my business on Google

I hope this answers your query and is of some help.