My Business
1.6K members online now
1.6K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

My Business is mapped wrongly in the map

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello, 

I created a new listing for my business- verified- added the right address. 

When I goto edit my page, my address is listed properly but the map is showing a different 

place. How do I correct this ? 

Any pointers ? 

Thanks

Uma V

Quixell.in

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Manoj S (Google Employee)
April 2016

Re: My Business is mapped wrongly in the map

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
HI Uma
When you edit the business from the dashboard you can edit the address & the pin. Next to the address is a map. click on the map with a link to "edit marker location" above the map. Click that and you can move the pin to the correct location.

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Margaret O · Google My Business Top Contributor

Find me on · · my blog

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Manoj S (Google Employee)
April 2016

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
HI Uma
When you edit the business from the dashboard you can edit the address & the pin. Next to the address is a map. click on the map with a link to "edit marker location" above the map. Click that and you can move the pin to the correct location.

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Find me on · · my blog

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Margaret,
I already did this. it is showing the right location when I edit the marker location. But when I press the Google Search,Maps and Google +, a completely different location appears. Can you help me troubleshoot this ?

Right location : @12.9087322,77.6464187,18z/data=!4m2!3m1!1s0x3bae149bf3953f23:0xede3560221691bbb
It is listing as : @12.9142674,77.6266314,14z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m2!3m1!1s0x0:0x50fd7ae7265357bf

Can you please point me in the right direction ? I have been trying to reach the live support and the phone call is not going through. The chat is unavailable. I would really appreciate any pointers.

Thanks
Uma

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Hi Uma
When you get to this point where your own edits keep getting overridden by the system, google support is your option. They can "fix" the pin for you in ways you cannot. So keep trying.
Can you do a screen-shot and clarify what the difference is between those two locations? Am not seeing it.

Find me on · · my blog

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor
Hello Uma,
Please, provide the full URL of your listing on Maps.
Thank you

treebles, Google My Business Top Contributor

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Margaret O, treebles,
Thanks for your offer to help. I talked to Google Support and understood that all the edits take atleast 24-48 hours to change. Now the marker is fine but the address is listed wrong. I will wait for 2 days for it to change.

Sincere thanks to you both,

Regards
Uma