My Business
3.3K members online now
3.3K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

My Business has disappeared from Google Maps + reviews

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
We have been on Google Local Business since 2009 and today for some reason we are no longer showing on the https://www.google.com/maps/place/Vamos+Spanish+Academy,+Av.+Cnel.+D%C3%ADaz+1736,+Cdad.+Aut%C3%B3no...

I'm very concerned about this since we are a language education school and most of our clients find us on google maps. 

Can anyone help me restore it?. Thank you very much.

Re: My Business has disappeared from Google Maps + reviews

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Following JoyHawkins advice, I manage to fix the problem. Thank you so much!. I do wonder why some business got hit and some other did not. I'm not entirely sure that it is a bug since I see some patterns on what business when down and not.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hey Alejandro; where is JoyHawkins advice posted? (Don't see it here...) I'm hoping it's a Google APRILS FOOLS joke; but this just happened to our business as well! :/ Seems to have taken place yesterday! We've had a Google Search/Maps presence since 2009/2010 with 30+ reviews.

Sorry to hijack your post, but seems you too recently ran into the same issue... but found a resolve shortly after.
https://www.google.com/maps/place/Madison+Geeks+Inc.,+6502+Odana+Rd,+Madison,+WI+53719/@43.055246,-8...

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Listen, what you need to do is go to your My Business page https://business.google.com/ Go to edit business information, then go to Address, and click on the pencil. Finally, you need to click on "move marker", and just move it a little bit. Save and in 5 to 20 minutes your business should how again. Let me know if it works for your.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
You are a life-saver my friend! Google's April Fools Joke 2016!

I noticed after chatting with you many many others have reported the same issue. Kinda scary how quickly a beast like Google can make / break you business overnight. (I mean... everything was gone, keywords, reviews, all SEO... gone; until I moved the marker slightly and ALL of it came back up immediately!) Scary stuff...

Food for thought. O_o

Thanks again!

Re: My Business has disappeared from Google Maps reviews

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I Completely Agree with you. Our Business is a Language School called Vamos
Spanish Academy and believe it or not most of our students find us on the
Maps. So to answer your question, yes it is scary. I always have admire
Google but things like this put my trust on them to the test.

Happy to know that I manage to guide you to fix the issue. Good Luck!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Did this really work, i have lost my listing and all 105 reviews and totally vanished, we was in the three pack for multiple key words

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
100%

Also, it's definitely a huge issue right now. I randomly took a peek at
other business I knew had a good number of reviews, and it was about 50/50
some showed, others just drew a blank page. Guesses are, it's a major
glitch in the system that we'll be reading about in tech news a few days
from now.

But again yes, the suggested fix (above) worked instantaneously. I'm
assuming Google will get it resolved automagically sometime too.

Let us know, and Good Luck!

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I know it sounds crazy but it really works. Worked for my business Vamos Spanish Academy and also worked for Kahlal C business. Give it a try, go to your google my business then go to Address, and click on the pencil, lastly you need to click on "move marker", and just move it a little bit. Save and in 5 to 20 minutes your business should be online again.

Best of lucks!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

OMG thank youuuuuuuuuuuuuuu so much :)

back to work monday

https://business.google.com/b/103505079123206865215/reviews/l/03087775110533449035