AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

My Business
4.8K members online now
4.8K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

My Business Notification Tag

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

The Google "My Business" App constantly has a notification badge with the number 1 on there which is normally used to indicate you have a message. But when you open the app it doesn't tell you where to check. I am assuming the notification pops up to indicate you have a new review but even if I check all of my reviews and close the app the notification badge doesn't disappear.

It would make more sense if a notification badge popped up when there was a new review and if you opened the app the notification badge migrated to show you which part of the app you need to check.

For example if you get 2 reviews on your Facebook app an indication badge will pop up with the number 2. I open my Facebook app and the indication badge will migrate into the app and it will guide me to which part of the app I need to check. I have two businesses so it even tells me which business I need to switch to to check the notification. Once I choose the correct business the notification badge then migrates to the bottom to tell me if I have a new message or a review or a like, etc.

Once I check my messages or reviews or likes and I exit out of the app the notification badge disappears as it should.

The Google "My Business" App is very weak and currently just has a notification badge pop up when you get a review but it randomly disappears after a while and it doesn't help you navigate through the app by migrating to show you where it wants you to check.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: My Business Notification Tag

Community Manager
# 2
Community Manager

Hi @Hamid K,

Thanks so much for letting me know. I have sent this feedback on to our team so that they are aware of the issue.

Best,
Liz
GMB Community Manager