My Business
1.8K members online now
1.8K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

My Business Notification Tag

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

The Google "My Business" App constantly has a notification badge with the number 1 on there which is normally used to indicate you have a message. But when you open the app it doesn't tell you where to check. I am assuming the notification pops up to indicate you have a new review but even if I check all of my reviews and close the app the notification badge doesn't disappear.

It would make more sense if a notification badge popped up when there was a new review and if you opened the app the notification badge migrated to show you which part of the app you need to check.

For example if you get 2 reviews on your Facebook app an indication badge will pop up with the number 2. I open my Facebook app and the indication badge will migrate into the app and it will guide me to which part of the app I need to check. I have two businesses so it even tells me which business I need to switch to to check the notification. Once I choose the correct business the notification badge then migrates to the bottom to tell me if I have a new message or a review or a like, etc.

Once I check my messages or reviews or likes and I exit out of the app the notification badge disappears as it should.

The Google "My Business" App is very weak and currently just has a notification badge pop up when you get a review but it randomly disappears after a while and it doesn't help you navigate through the app by migrating to show you where it wants you to check.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: My Business Notification Tag

Community Manager
# 2
Community Manager

Hi @Hamid K,

Thanks so much for letting me know. I have sent this feedback on to our team so that they are aware of the issue.

Best,
Liz
GMB Community Manager