My Business
5.6K members online now
5.6K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

My Business LIsting Has Fallen Off of Local Search Results

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Here is my information:

At Cumberland Falls Bed & Breakfast Inn
254 Cumberland Ave
Asheville, NC 28801
www.cumberlandfalls.com
Latitude: 35.604832 Longitude: -82.564595
Phone: (828) 253-4085

https://plus.google.com/+AtCumberlandFallsBedandBreakfastInnAsheville/about

Here is my issue: 

My business has fallen from the Google Maps results since Friday, September 2, 2016. Before that, I was regularly appearing in the 3-pack for the search phrases "Asheville Bed and Breakfast" and "Asheville NC Bed and Breakfast". When I use that phrase now, I am nowhere on the map. It's like I just fell off.

For the phrase "Asheville North Carolina Bed and Breakfast", I show up at the 6th spot in Maps.

I do have open availability for the default date of September 18-19.

I read that there might be a penalty on widgets with links, so I removed a weather plug-in I was using.

What else can I do to restore my business listing to the local results?

Thank you for your help,

Patti

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: My Business LIsting Has Fallen Off of Local Search Results

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
We've have had this exact same issue with our small business around the same timeframe. No idea why we don't show up when someone searches our location + dentist. If you Google our business name, we're right there on the map and no indication of penalties or suspension. I am following this discussion for insight.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
There was a Google update on Friday, or at least a lot of SEOs think there was. I am wondering if it's related to that.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Yes, we are thinking that too. But what can we do about it? Will the system eventually right itself?

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hi  @Patti W

I see you are back in the local pack for Asheville Bed and Breakfast

Yes there was a big algorithmic update last weekend, what exactly was tweeked remains to be seen, but as with any core update you can expect fluctuations for quite some time.

Had a quick look at your business page and you are managing it very well, congrats!

Tim Capper, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | Facebook | Linkedin
Tim operates a bespoke Local SEO Consultancy in the UK, Online Ownership

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Tim, thank you very much. I appreciate you taking a look, and it's very nice to hear we're doing a good job with the listing.

Unfortunately, we are still missing from the entire Maps listings for the phrase "Asheville Bed and Breakfast" and now, "Asheville NC bed and breakfast", with open availability for the default date of 09/25/2016. We currently show #1 in the local pack for "Asheville North Carolina bed and breakfast".

I could understand falling in placement, but to completely vanish from Maps listings for two phrases for which we had been ranking very well seems odd, to say the least.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
As of 09-15-2016, we are still not on the maps listings at all for the phrases "Asheville Bed and Breakfast" and "Asheville NC Bed and Breakfast'. We are still ranking organically on page 1 for those phrases, but not on the 3-pack/maps at all. When I scroll in 1-2 clicks, we suddenly pop up in maps at 1 -3 placement, but with a clean search, we're not there at all.

I understand that most SEOs think this is a quality filter. I've worked very hard to get my NAP and links all clean for years. I have original content on my site and blog, and make sure all my links work. I just don't understand what happened on September 1 to completely knock me off maps for my two biggest phrases.

Is there anything I can do to fix this?