My Business
2.8K members online now
2.8K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

My Business Geo Targeting

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hello,

We currently have 9 locations as well as an eCommerce site. All 9 locations have a MyBusiness Account. One of locations has recently been receiving phone calls from customers nowhere near the store location looking for our nationwide customer service line.  What is the appropriate way to show only people near a store a business listing on the SERP, while all others see our standard paid search add with the national customer service number?  

As a follow-up why would Google be serving a location in the knowledge graph if a customer is now where near a store?

Thanks,

Curtis

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: My Business Geo Targeting

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Curtis

Is it the same store every time that gets the calls? Can you provide its details here? Although Google (naturally) keeps their SERP algorithm to themselves, it may be possible to identify a discrepancy with that particular store's listing that is causing this.

Priya Chandra, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
-----------------------------------
Follow me on Twitter  |   Connect on G+  |   Read my Blog

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Priya,

Thanks for the follow up. Yes it appears to only be one store located in Fort Collins, CO. When I spoke to the store manager he informed me they have been receiving calls from all around the country. Is it possible to just set a radius targeting similar to adwords?

Thanks,
Curtis

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Hi Curtis

There is no way to set a radius for targeting purposes though Google does normally use the searcher's location as the centre for any searches.

Without more details though - business name and full address - I can't really provide any more information. If you're using AdWords then it may be worth talking to your account manager to see if there's something going on there that is pushing the organic local search for this particular store to the forefront.

Priya Chandra, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
-----------------------------------
Follow me on Twitter  |   Connect on G+  |   Read my Blog