My Business
2.7K members online now
2.7K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

My Business Always Shows as Pending

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Sorry if this has been answered a million times before, but I can't see the answer anywhere. I created a Google my business well over two weeks ago but since it was verified it displays a yellow banner at the top saying:

"Edits to the page are pending. Edits may be reviewed for quality before publishing."

This obviously means the page isn't published and doesn't appear on a Google search. Can anyone tell me why this is, or when the page will be published please? The post card came really quickly and I got verified quickly as a result, but the publishing seems to take a long time. Is there just a backlog etc?

When people do a search for my business I want my pin on the map and my photos to appear.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by ElizabethP (Community Manager)
November 2015

Re: My Business Always Shows as Pending

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Sorry.... I seem to have worked it out. Some of the info on the 'about' section had uneven spaces between the paragraphs! That was it. I made a few edits and it's now published! Thanks anyway.

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hello Matt,
Can't you see what field is awaiting review of edits if you click the red "Edit" button?
If none is, then it might have been flagged for violation of the quality guidelines
https://support.google.com/business/answer/3038177

If you would not mind providing the business details I, or pother contributors, can take a look.
Screen captures of the My Business dashboard would be helpful also.

treebles, Google My Business Top Contributor

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks Treebles, but no it doesn't seem to show what needs editing and I'm pretty sure it complies with all the guidelines? The screen shot doesn't seem to want to load but here's the link:

https://business.google.com/u/0/b/113460967600890879900/dashboard/l/09672920792964420473?hl=en-GB

Hope that helps?

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by ElizabethP (Community Manager)
November 2015

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Sorry.... I seem to have worked it out. Some of the info on the 'about' section had uneven spaces between the paragraphs! That was it. I made a few edits and it's now published! Thanks anyway.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
after you made the changes did it take a few days to "go through" or was it published immediately? Did you have to contact google to have them check again?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I had the same issue on our profile and waited for a few weeks. After reading yours, it turns out that I needed to enter something for the Special Hours section for holidays. After I added a couple of days, then that message disappeared.

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

@Angel S

Please start your own thread providing concrtete infromation about your business
This allows us to keep the forum organized and gives you the attention you need.
This ( https://www.en.advertisercommunity.com/t5/Google-My-Business/ct-p/GMB ) is our top level Community--from there, you can click into the board title that is most applicable for your issue. Once you're in an individual board, you can click on the red/pink + sign in the lower right corner of the screen to start a new topic.