AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

My Business
2K members online now
2K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Multiple radio stations at the same physical address, Google MY Business

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

We have 6 Radio stations at the same address, but Google MY Business is denying my businesses because they're at the same address. WE want someone to be able to google our station and see individualized results for that station. HELP

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Multiple radio stations at the same physical address, Google MY Business

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Are they all owned by the same business? Are they run independently? Do they each have their own website and phone number? Does the public interact and conduct business with you at that address? I imagine that Google sees one business that owns six radio stations, not six businesses. A restaurant that sells both burgers and tacos is still a single restaurant.

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

@Alex C 

Adding to what @Phillip B already said:

I doubt several Radio stations a the same address are eligible fro GMaps at all;

Do serve radio stations serve their customer in person at the location?

Guessing the staff of managing the radio station do not serve their customer in person at the location

Please read their  Guidelines for representing your business on Google

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Wow, I guess i need to apologize for being Naive. I am new to Google My
Business and was tasked with setting it all up.

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Owned by the same company, different websites and different call in lines,
but the CEO wants the office number the same on all 6 of them. The public
does come to the station to pick up prizes and stuff like that.

[ Edited ]
Rising Star
# 6
Rising Star

This may seem like a stupid question, but are you sure you want Google My Business listings for all your radio stations? I would think you want web pages.

Searching for a radio station does not usually trigger a Google map pack - which would only show a max of 3 anyways. Try it at your location - just search for "cityname radio stations" - if at all possible, Google throws up a list box with callsigns. Or try a voice search "local radio stations" on your phone and see the apps listings and paid ads and no maps. Or voice search "rock stations in Austin" and get the Yelp listing. Google is smart enough to know you are statistically trying to tune your radio, not drive to get your winning tickets and so won't usually show a map pack.

You can try a 'game' the listings, but it is doubtful anyone but your CEO will see them.