My Business
4.9K members online now
4.9K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Multiple offices not showing on Maps

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello there,

When I type "ASCERT" into Google Maps - I would like all of our office locations to be highlighted, so the person searching can find support closest to them. Can someone please let me know how I can achieve this?

Our ASCERT offices are in Omagh, Magherafelt, Belfast and our main office is Lisburn - but the Lisburn office is the only one that automatically pops up without the town as a suffix. 

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/place/ASCERT/@54.5107102,-6.0436353,17z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m5!3m4!1s0x4861...

Thank you for your help - Katie

0800 25 45 123 www.ascert.biz 

1 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Google shows a search result (in this case a search on your trade name) based on relevance & prominence metrics. If one listing scores significantly  higher on those metrics then they will only show that one. 

I assume because the one showing is in Belfast it has much more of the attributes (references to the business, links to the business, reviews at Google, reviews at 3rd party sites etc) than the other two. 

There are a number of things you could do that could change the situation, I am just not sure if they are worth the effort or not... as they require SEO and digital marketing. And are not things you really can do

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am willing to put in the effort, if there is anything I can do to highlight all our services that would be wonderful. Thanks, Katie

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Here are the things that I would do

1- Add the Name, address and phone for each location in the footer

2- Use Schema coding to mark those up

3- for each location link off of the name/city (Ascert Omagh as anchor text) to the location page

4- Add a paragraph at the top of the page describing WHERE you have office and link from those location words to the specific office pages

5- Upgrade your title tag for the home page with the form Who | What | Where

i.e. current home page title tag <title>Ascert</title> should be changed to <title>Ascert | Services | Omagh, Magherafelt, Belfast</title>

6- While you are at it,,,,Upgrade your meta description tag to <meta name='description' content='Your default description here' /> to a meaningful call to action 

7- Link to the location pages from each of your service page and describe which cities you have offices in

8- Upgrade your title tags on the interior page of your site What | Where | Who

9- Get links from other local organizations that link to your site and mention that you are in each of the other cities. Particularly get this links for the sites other than Lisburn so that they can build authority &relevance. 

10- consider doing a citation building campaign for Omagh, Magherafelt locations with a company like Moz or Brightlocal. 

that should keep you busy for a while... the link building should be an ongoing effort.