My Business
2.1K members online now
2.1K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Multiple locations - duplicate reviews

NVC
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
NVC
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

My business has two locations. If the same reviewer were to post a review for each location, and in the future I consolidate the two locations into one location, would reviews from the same reviewer be considered duplicates? What happens to reviews posted for two locations that ultimately merge into one location?

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author NVC
July

Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆

When you mark the old location as Permanently Closed on its search result then all the old data for that location quietly still merge with it.

Its a feature Google added after I complained about this issue many times in the past.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I tried to list my business twice with a different name but the same address, as there are two advisors who work for my company and I want the address to show up when their names are googled. Now they can't appear on Maps because they are duplicates. How do I fix this? I have ownership of both locations

Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆

Actually reviews for the old location might attach to the remaining one by business name.

( Just re-naming a business at the same location and phone no does not lose poor reviews for this sort of reason. )