My Business
5.5K members online now
5.5K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Multiple locations, More Than One User / Hours of Operation

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

I am in the process of having all 7 of my locations verified and getting the information completed on each profile.  So far I have 5 our of the 7 done, and all is going well.

My question is this, I own three dealerships in New Hampshire, two in Maine and two and Vermont.  I want certain key people at those individual locations to be able to update each location as necessary. How to I tie those individuals in to our new account so that I am not the only one who has access? I think it would be easier if each person had their own log in rather than just share a common one.

Any feedback or help would be appreciated. Thank you!

MaryBeth Alosa

New England Kenworth

Six Kenworth Locations, Three States, Family Owned and Operated Since 1917!

Additionally, just a suggestion, (and maybe I missed something) but with a business such as ours, different departments have different hours.  I did not see a place where you could say for example Sales: M-F 8:00AM to 5:00, Service (in our case) is open M-F 7:00AM to Midnight.  I didn't see a way to differentiate departments and their hours of operation.

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author MaryBeth A
December 2015

Re: Multiple locations, More Than One User / Hours of Operation

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi MeryBeth, you can add them as page managers. See https://support.google.com/business/answer/3403100?hl=en

In regards to hours for specific departments, you can create a separate page for each department and specify the appropriate hours, categories, phone number..etc.
Colan Nielsen, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
Find me on: Google+ | Twitter
VP, Local Search at Sterling Sky

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Colan,

Thank you for your help! I did add two managers but wasn't sure if they were able to get their own log in information. And also thank you for the advice on handling different hours of service.

I appreciate [censored]!

Regards,

MaryBeth

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
@Colan Nielsen,
In reply to this:
"In regards to hours for specific departments, you can create a separate page for each department and specify the appropriate hours, categories, phone number..etc. "

Is it ok to create a separate page for a department with the same address as the main business?
Does this pose a problem?

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor
Yes, it's ok. That is a real world scenario that is pretty common. Think of a photo center inside a WalMart. It would indeed have the same address as the WalMart itself.
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
@Colan. Here is a little update from support on the subject. I created a page for a department inside an existing business for one of my clients and it was marked as a duplicate. When I when to support this is the response I received. I've pasted in the direct response for the Chat transcription: "Alright thanks for your patient, based on the information the listing was marked as a duplicate because per the guidelines there can only be one verified page per business address having two listings with the same address conflict with one other in the system, now i do understand there may be a different department to the business however with it containing the same information you can create a brand page for the department or add the department info to the introduction of the business page that is verified, but we wont be able to have two verified pages for the business . . .. . . . Per guidelines there can't be business pages created for separate departments, more than one verified page at the same address are duplicates so its not something we can do.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
@Colan, Oh, and then this: "he department needs to have separate signage, separate entrances, websites and phone numbers
just like it would at a university or a school in order to be eligible
and when I cited Walmart's Visions center as an example of a department that doesn't have its own website and entrance (they cite walmart as an example in their own guidlines: https://support.google.com/business/answer/3038177?hl=en) this is the response she gave me:
"Walmart is totally different, And i am unable to discuss the details of another listings account, however i can only go off of the information that I know within our guidelines ,unless the department needs to have separate signage, separate entrances, websites and phone numbers we can't create that duplicate page". . .

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

@SEO T Do you have a support ticket id number from the e-mail Google support sent you? 

Can you share the details of the type of business/department this is?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
here is the support number: 7-2517000010555 > They are a music venue. Open chord music is the name of the business. They also have about 5 music teachers on staff that give music lessons. I'm trying to setup a new page for their School Of Music. Here is the final response from support: "here is what you need, separate website, separate phone number, and proof of the separate permanent signage at the business." Although, she just said I could link it to the landing page for the school of music.

Top Contributor
# 10
Top Contributor
To be honest, based solely on your description of the business, it does sound like one business offering two different services. Although, isn't music lessons and a School of Music the same thing? Just trying to get the full picture.