My Business
1.9K members online now
1.9K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Multiple listings at same location- duplicate address problem

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi all!

I manage the Google Business account for a local authority and have run into a problem. A building of ours has more than one service in it, and each service has a different phone number and different opening times. For example, we have a library, one stop, and job shop under one roof but each are separate 'businesses' if you like.

Google guidelines suggested that I make 3 separate listings as they are a bit like 'departments' of the same umbrella organisation. I have done this but now have 'duplicate addresses' written everywhere which also stops me from being able to download the location.

Anyone know what to do?

Kind regards,

Lucy

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Multiple listings at same location- duplicate address problem

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi! Same kind of problem here! I create 2 profiles for 2 different businesses in the same building but google sees the second one as a duplicate and doesn't want to publish it. What is very weird about it is that the first image shown on the published profile is the logo of the second unpublished profile. This is a little confusing for the people who are looking for us through google search engine.
If anyone can help with this, it would be awesome!
Thanks for the help :-)

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

@Lucy W

Please include the following with your question (and do this for all three business please):
1. Full business name
2. Current business address
3. Current telephone number
4. Google+ URL

@Nadania I

Please start your own thread providing there all information to understand and investigate your issue - including the following with your question (and do this for all three business please):
1. Full business name
2. Current business address
3. Current telephone number
4. Google+ URL

This allows us to keep the forum organized and gives you the attention you need.
This ( https://www.en.advertisercommunity.com/t5/Google-My-Business/ct-p/GMB ) is our top level Community--from there, you can click into the board title that is most applicable for your issue. Once you're in an individual board, you can click on the red/pink + sign in the lower right corner of the screen to start a new topic.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Helmut,

Thanks for your response. The business information is as follows:

1. Armley Library
2. 2 Stocks Hill, Leeds, LS12 1UQ
3. 0113 378 5670
4. https://plus.google.com/b/107379267287557199167/107379267287557199167/about?gmbpt=true&hl=en-GB

1. Armley Jobshop
2. 2 Stocks Hill, Leeds LS12 1UQ
3. 0113 378 5663
4. https://plus.google.com/b/109237068568406689078/109237068568406689078/about?gmbpt=true&hl=en-GB

1. Armley One Stop Centre
2. 2 Stocks Hill, Leeds LS12 1UQ
3. 0113 222 4444
4. https://plus.google.com/b/110846997839525518699/110846997839525518699/about?gmbpt=true&hl=en-GB

We haven't really utilised the Google + pages for each, but each business has a page on our www.leeds.gov.uk site

Hope you can help!

Lucy

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Update!

So we added store codes to each which seems to have rid the 'duplicate addresses' message. However, when I search for 'Armley job shop' the panel with the 'Armley One Stop Centre' appears instead. Is it too soon for it to pick up the new panels?

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor
I'm bit puzzled

and have a strange info for you:
I get the correct "Armley Jobshop" if searching for "Jobshop Armley" rather then searching for "Armley Jobshop"

Maybe its a matter of time - but not sure.
Believe its hard to fix as this runs under "Ranking algos"