My Business
2.3K members online now
2.3K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Multiple businesses in the same location

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Everyone, was hoping for a little bit of guidance. We have a client who operates two separate businesses out of the same location. The businesses have different names & fall into different categories, but have the same address and phone number. Is there a way for each business to be set up as it's own individual listing? Or does the fact that they have the same address cause an issue?

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Multiple businesses in the same location

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Meagan

The same phone number is going to be a problem, not the same address.

If someone rings up ABC plumbing and XYZ scrapbooking answers, then that doesn't create a good customer experience. In the same way, a straightforward "hello" doesn't give people confidence they've called a real business. People (and the people at Google) call a number expecting the business that answers to be the business they called.

2 biz with same number could be considered spam, as this is a technique used by spammers. Not saying your clients are doing anything shady, it just happens to be a technique we know about.

HTH

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Margaret O · Google My Business Top Contributor

Find me on · · my blog

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Margaret

Thanks for the quick reply. Understandable about the phone numbers. If we were able to connect a different phone number for the second business would it then be ok to set up separate listings?
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Meagan D
December 2015

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi Meagan
As long as the other guidelines are met, sure! Office towers have lots of businesses at the same address, so it certainly makes sense that smaller buildings could.

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Find me on · · my blog

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I have a company, which provide worldwide services. For 32 countries we don't have google business listing, but we provide our services in these countries. For these 32 countries, can we provide our main London office address for google listing. Because people of these 32 countries use this London address for our services.

Is that possible to list 32 countries with a single address in google business listing.

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor
Hi Karan,
Local listings are specific for a country, it is not possible to create a business listing for a country using an address in a different country.
If you do not have a physical presence in those countries you cannot have a local listing on them, only in the country where you have a physical presence and provide services and/or goods in-person to your customers.

treebles, Google My Business Top Contributor

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
In bulk google business listing method, can we add existing verified business in the excel sheet. Is there any benefit of adding an existing google business listing address with new locations.

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

Hi Karan

Firstly, could you start your own thread, as I don't believe the person who started this thread needs to see our conversation. Could you repost this question on a new thread, and reply to my following comments:

Secondly, I don't understand your follow-up question to Treebles. An existing GMB listing has a location. One listing per location - IF that location is eligible (refer treebles answer and the guidelines). How can it have new ones?

Maybe you're thinking of a hierarchy? There isn't a relationship structure to these pages - as in you can't have one page with child pages. They're all equal. So for each of the 32 countries either an office is eligible and has a page, or isn't and doesn't.

Here's  more info on bulk locations: https://support.google.com/business/answer/3217744

Find me on · · my blog