My Business
2.4K members online now
2.4K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Multiple business from same address

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, the business in question is Woolston Manor Golf & Country club (Abridge Road Chigwell, Essex IG7 6BX. Tel: 0208 500 2549. (1. Website: www.woolstonmanor.co.uk) They are an established business who also sublet space for other businesses to operate. They have recently setup their own Google My Business location and completed the initial verification procedure, but have now discovered the following conflict:

"Duplicate addresses"

"Owner conflict

This location is a duplicate of a location you don't own or manage on Google (View on maps). Remove your location or request to become the owner or manager of the existing location."

Of course WMGC neither wishes to remove their own location or take on ownership of the other business - 2. Chigwell Business Group (View on maps) that is sharing space within the same building. Furthermore, there is another company that wishes to register at the above address (3. Epping Forest Business Group (view website: www.efbg.co.uk) which have their own phone number, website, and similarly are also a separate business entity, paying their own takes.

So the question is what to do? How can each business get their own business location? I realize it would be trickier to display multiple business on one location within maps, however in this example the building is quite large and they own a large amount of surrounding land, so could easily be placed side by side. In fact business 2 have chosen to place their pin at the gated entrance by the road, and business 1 have placed their pin at the entrance of the building.

I would very much appreciate it if someone could advise on the steps to take to resolve this, or if there is actually a simple system in place to cater for this scenario.

Thank you

Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆

You need to allocate a Suite or Unit no to each additional business.

They must have seperate phone nos.

And you need a photo of the reception for each business with its branding showing on the website, Google+ or Facebook and GmB listing.

And each needs good entries across popular web directories before they add the GmB entry.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Andrew, thank you. This is very helpful. Who to I contact to demonstrate this?

Re: Multiple business from same address

Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆

You just need to do what I advise so that when a Google person or algorithm checks then there is other proof that the businesses are who they say they are.  And the pictures show it to a person where they are. Or the same location tagging to an algorithm, where different phone nos with other directory entries should verify.

As you are close by the additional businesses need to move their pins slightly. Yours should be on the street entrance. The others somewhere else on the boundary. You are allowed some 10s of metres.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Fantastic. Thank you for your advise. This is very helpful.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Andrew, thanks again for your help. Can you please elaborate on what you mean when you say 'photo of the reception of each business' ?

Re: Multiple business from same address

Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 7
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆

A typical retail business has a shopfront with door on a street with its name over which a Google rep can see on Streetview as part of a verification process.

At some point you need to have a door with branding on or by it or a reception area with visible branding.

If these are indoors then you need to simulate the Streetview by your own image. Also a proper business license Google can find on the web helps. In many countries tou can 'trade as' without a license, taxes optional if you are a multi-national internet based company.