My Business
4.2K members online now
4.2K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Multiple Versions of same business

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi
Is there a way of finding out if a location/business has multiple listings that may have been created over a few years via different platforms such as the old Google Local etc. The reason I ask is we recently had this happen and an agency showed there were 5 profiles for the same place and that one of them was the better one to use and the rest should be deleted. this involved us speaking direct to google to get done. 
This would be a very handy tool to be able to clearly find any poor listings and keep just the one. However I cant see an obvious way of finding it?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Multiple Versions of same business

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Lee

It is getting harder to find duplicates - the easiest way I find is to use site: plus.google.com business name variants

This will find both bricks and mortar as well as SAB businesses.

(I've added a space between site: plus to stop the emoji appearing but normally there'd be no space between the colan and the plus)

Priya Chandra, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
-----------------------------------
Follow me on Twitter  |   Connect on G+  |   Read my Blog

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi Priya,
Thanks for the reply, could you give me a url example? Do you mean in google you type site:plus.google.com/businessname
I'm just not clear on what you mean sorry.
hope thats ok
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Lee H
June 2016

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Something like this Lee

site: plus.google.com priya chandra consulting

(replace priya chandra consulting with the business you're looking for and do not use a space between the colon and the p)

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
That's brilliant, Thanks Priya, really kind of you to help so quickly.

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor
No worries, hope it helps!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi,
We have 2 Google pages. How do we delete one of them if we do not have its login credentials.
https://plus.google.com/103003421178284942947 - Need to delete this.
Thanks

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor
Hi Elizabeth

The link you've provided goes to a 404 error page so it looks like the page has already been deleted? If not and you're still having problems then please please start your own thread with your problem.

This allows us to keep the forum organised and gives you the attention you need.

This ( https://www.en.advertisercommunity.com/t5/Google-My-Business/ct-p/GMB ) is our top level Community--from there, you can click into the board title that is most applicable for your issue. Once you're in an individual board, you can click on the red/pink + sign in the lower right corner of the screen to start a new topic.

Thank you.