My Business
5.2K members online now
5.2K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Multiple Locations Search Result

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Premier Car Connection

4501 N Illinois St, Swansea, IL 62226

and

5801 N Illinois St, Fairview Heights, IL 62208

(618) 416-8722

https://plus.google.com/+PREMIERCARCONNECTIONBelleville

I am attempting to display BOTH locations of this business when someone searches for the name. Currently, the only location that shows up is the Fairview Heights.  Both locations have been added and verified in Google My Business and can be seen on a map. Is it possible to have both locations depicted when a search is displayed - perhaps something like the mock example i have attached in the image??  If so, is that a function of Google my Business or Google search/keywords from the website?  The locations are marked up on the website with valid microdata and can be seen by the Google Structured data test site.  I am not the website developer (just the google my business manager) but i can provide input to them for changes if needed.

MockupMockup

Any ideas or suggestions would be most appreciated. thanks.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Multiple Locations Search Result

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Given that they are in different cities it is unlikely that they would both show to the same searcher unless they were located half way between them

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
Perhaps I misunderstood. are you looking for the organic page results to show both location or the pinned local results to show the locations?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks for the quick reply Mike. I *think* i am looking for Organic Page results to show both locations (as suggested in my mock-up graphic). Although the 2 locations are in different towns, they are literally 5.2 driving miles away from each other so it would be beneficial for the searcher to see both locations. At some point, i want to be able to convince the owner to try ADwords but he is still a bit reluctant since he cant get his 2nd location to show up at all.

I can see both locations on a map pinned but i have to KNOW i am looking for both locations. A searcher wouldnt know they both exist.

bill
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Bill S
January 2016

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor
The organic links in your example are called site links. Google picks what to show based on their perception of what users what to see and it is all done by an algo.

You can, via webmaster tools, tell Google to NOT use certain pages from your site but you can't tell them which pages to use.

You can give them signals via internal links on your site and by highlighting the location pages in the first few paragraphs of content on your home page. You could also build links to the location pages from 3rd party sites. But in the end those are just clues for Google and don't guarantee or in any way obligate Google to show those pages.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks Mike. I understand what you are saying. I think the web developer will have to create a separate page for each location and put some unique information about each location to help generate those site links.

Now, what about the box on the right side of the screen that always shows the same location (Fairview Heights store) even from the Swansea store location? I think perhaps the IP Addr location tech probably returns the same city/area so it would not be able to discriminate between locations. Does that sound correct to you?

addressFH.JPG

Thanks again for all your assistance. Apologies for taking so long to respond.

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor
While your explanation could be it when i use the search nearby modifier https://www.google.com/search?query=Premier%20Car%20Connection&num=10&near=%20Swansea%20%2C%20IL... I still get the Fairview Heights location. That says to me that its an issue that the Fairview Heights listing is more prominent and/more trusted than the other listing in Google's algo's eyes.

Not only should you create location landing pages but link to them prominently from footer, menu AND first parargraph of the home page

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Excellent advice Mike. Thanks. I will make these recommendations to the Devs. Hope they can swing it for us. I will check back at a later date to let you know how it went.

cheers.

Top Contributor
# 9
Top Contributor
I would also be sure that you have done some citation work for both locations and possible make sure that your links from local chambers etc point to those pages.

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

oh scratch my previous response.. Yes the company is already listed on various sites including Chamber of Commerce, Better Business Bureau, Angies, yellowpages.com, autotrader,, and others. Thanks. i will be on the lookout for other opportunities as well.